Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 06:49 PM

631 posts, read 1,395,503 times

Advertisements

I have a friend live in Adelphi.. She lives in Daniel's Run... its a secure 3-4 building apartment complex... White, Asian, and Black live there... Its pretty nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 11:18 AM

490 posts, read 924,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg1963 View Post
I grew up in Langley Park. I might drive through it, but I would never live or even shop there now. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that they want to move to Langley Park. Interesting concept.

Regarding apartments, most of the complexes are quite old. Many are 3-4 story brick walk-ups built in the 40s and 50s. Some of the newer ones were still built over 30 years ago. When I was a kid, we weren't allowed to go anywhere near Quebec Arms apartments. However, that was 30 years ago and maybe things have changed for the better.

I'm just happy Langley Park isn't apart of Montgomery County!!

Old 12-27-2013, 02:35 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,205,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaryland455 View Post
You guys do have Wheaton though....

Old 12-28-2013, 11:55 AM

1,261 posts, read 692,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayayards View Post
Hello i'm new to the forum, but am wondering how living in Langley is. I know it's diverse, i go down there a lot on the way to CP but want to think about renting down there someday, how are Quebec arms, and what kind of apts are available there? Are there drivebys and stuff? Don't know. I like the area but don't know much.

Please update me thanks!
What are the rents there?

Old 12-28-2013, 11:56 AM

1,261 posts, read 692,686 times
Quote:
Tax wise, yeah. But come on, LP is not that pretty a place. There doesnt appear to be much green space or parks, either. I went to U of M, I'm fairly familar with the area.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:55 AM

631 posts, read 1,395,503 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
You guys do have Wheaton though....
Wheaton is getting revitalized and gentrified and is becoming more of a Silver Spring suburb...

Langley Park is just stagnant and not having nothing...

Takoma Park is moreso better

Old 01-09-2014, 09:49 AM

490 posts, read 924,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedBro82 View Post
Wheaton is getting revitalized and gentrified and is becoming more of a Silver Spring suburb...

Langley Park is just stagnant and not having nothing...

Takoma Park is moreso better

Well Said!!! Like I said before I'm happy Langley Park isn't apart of Montgomery County......Langley is a run down area (with No growth behind it)

Atleast Wheaton has potential and word around Montgomery County it's being renovated/develop at the present time

http://www.wheatonmd.org/discover/redevelopment

Old 01-09-2014, 01:55 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Well Said!!! Like I said before I'm happy Langley Park isn't apart of Montgomery County......Langley is a run down area (with No growth behind it)
This may change in the next 10 years if the Purple Line brings along with it the development that people are suggesting. There are business and local leaders now in Langley Park that are nervous about being displaced by the higher rents and more expensive development. Maybe it will be true, maybe it will never materialize. But the revitalization is in both counties' updated master plans for the crossroads area. The new transit center is being built this year.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:35 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,806,228 times
well the new transit center is almost done i went by today

Last edited by papichulo2; 03-09-2016 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: this is funny cuz i started this thread like 6 years ago lol

Old 03-09-2016, 02:10 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
well the new transit center is almost done i went by today

A bit behind schedule though. The latest is that it will open sometime this Spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland