Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 08:47 AM

581 posts, read 1,172,978 times

Advertisements

do you really think widening 270 to frederick is going to have anything but a short term effect on traffic flow? Its been proven time and time again that adding capacity to roads only induces more development and demand. Those new lanes on 270 will be clogged in just a few years. How many times are we going to make the same mistake. While i agree that a widening 270 to frederick needs to happen at some point, improving public transit between frederick and Moco, needs to be a higher priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 12:38 PM

15,436 posts, read 25,829,503 times
They need to extend the HOV lanes all the way to Frederick now!

Old 03-10-2011, 09:58 PM

13,728 posts, read 15,774,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
Again I will say that you can not predict or dictate against Highways being built/widen in Montgomery County and again they will be Widening I-270 whether the trolley like light rail is built or not....

There is noo way in H_ll that Virginia is going to successfully widen/add HOT Lanes on I-66, I-495, and I-95/395 while Maryland Highways are screwed in bottle neck traffic due to not doing a d-mn thing to widen and/or add HOT Lanes to I-270, I-495, I-95, B-W Parkway and US 50.......

BTW- not only Virginia is building/widening their Highways but they are also building/expanding High Speed Subway Rails in which they are not trying to do in Montgomery County.......
Well I already showed you what they plan to do. Your opinion doesn't really matter and neither does mine. We don't make the decisions. I showed you what is being planned and the State, County, and City have already said they will build all remaining transit projects before any money is put into roads. Sorry, if you don't like it, move to Montana or South Dakota. I hear they love their highways and cars out there.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:57 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,404,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
MARC & VRE are the 2 worst NE Rail systems , no weekend service , no bi-directional service , no offpeak service , a crumbling system...
Sorry but I will cntinue to state the obvious that both Maryland and Virginia are not Northern States because they are below the Mason-Dixon Line....

Old 03-10-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ay jayy View Post
do you really think widening 270 to frederick is going to have anything but a short term effect on traffic flow? Its been proven time and time again that adding capacity to roads only induces more development and demand. Those new lanes on 270 will be clogged in just a few years. How many times are we going to make the same mistake. While i agree that a widening 270 to frederick needs to happen at some point, improving public transit between frederick and Moco, needs to be a higher priority.
You question the Fact that I-270 is in dire need of widening but will not question the Fact that Virginia is Widening I-66, I-495, and I-95/395....

Translation: You support Virginia expanding Business and Economic Wealth by building/widening Highways and Expanding High Speed Subway Rails while Maryland continues to lag behind Virginia in Business and Economic Wealth due to not addressing the inadequate Highway System and Bull Sh-t Transit Schemes that don't require additional High Speed Subway Rail Expansions......

Old 03-10-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
They need to extend the HOV lanes all the way to Frederick now!
Oh it Will Happen.........

Old 03-10-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
You question the Fact that I-270 is in dire need of widening but will not question the Fact that Virginia is Widening I-66, I-495, and I-95/395....

Translation: You support Virginia expanding Business and Economic Wealth by building/widening Highways and Expanding High Speed Subway Rails while Maryland continues to lag behind Virginia in Business and Economic Wealth due to not addressing the inadequate Highway System and Bull Sh-t Transit Schemes that don't require additional High Speed Subway Rail Expansions......
Your lack of knowledge about Virginia is pretty sad since you talk about them so much. Maryland is light years ahead of Virginia in transit and Maryland also has better roads. What are you talking about? You just ramble on and on about nothing while bringing no facts to the table.

Maryland
-6 metro legs
-3 commuter train routes
-2 DC suburb light rail projects
-Massive BRT project
-Will have only suburb to suburb mass transit purple line connecting 4 metro legs

Virginia has
-2 metro legs (Blue and yellow is one leg really)
-2 commuter train routes
-1 DC metro leg project

Maryland is the city. Virginia is the country.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Well I already showed you what they plan to do. Your opinion doesn't really matter and neither does mine. We don't make the decisions. I showed you what is being planned and the State, County, and City have already said they will build all remaining transit projects before any money is put into roads. Sorry, if you don't like it, move to Montana or South Dakota. I hear they love their highways and cars out there.
I would tell you to move to Biluxi, Mississippi but it is a good possibility that you don't reside in Maryland and Most likely reside in Virginia.....

Again I find it very strange that you constantly Criticize Highway Building/Expansions in the Maryland/DC Suburbs but did not say one bad thing about the VA I-495 HOT Lanes Widening in the Tysons Corner thread you started. All you kept boasting was that Tysons Corner was going to be larger than Houston but yet Tyson's Corner has the Highway Infrastructure(similar to Houston and Atlanta) that you despise for the Maryland/DC Suburbs..........

Old 03-10-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I would tell you to move to Biluxi, Mississippi but it is a good possibility that you don't reside in Maryland and Most likely reside in Virginia.....

Again I find it very strange that you constantly Criticize Highway Building/Expansions in the Maryland/DC Suburbs but did not say one bad thing about the VA I-495 HOT Lanes Widening in the Tysons Corner thread you started. All you kept boasting was that Tysons Corner was going to be larger than Houston but yet Tyson's Corner has the Highway Infrastructure(similar to Houston and Atlanta) that you despise for the Maryland/DC Suburbs..........
I think the highways in V.A. are a horrible idea. They should have built their version of the purple line with that money. It would have brought Virginia into the 21st century and urbanized the area. D.C. would then have a complete circle mass transit line around D.C. Instead, they want to stay country with farms and minivans and single family homes. That's why Virginia is so country. When is the last time New York City built a road? Put your money into metro and build new metro lines. Then build high rises every where around those stops. There is nothing wrong with Tyson building the massive downtown. I am excited about it, I just wish they would keep the road the same and force people to take the train into Tyson's Corner. Why are people still driving?

Old 03-10-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Your lack of knowledge about Virginia is pretty sad since you talk about them so much. Maryland is light years ahead of Virginia in transit and Maryland also has better roads. What are you talking about? You just ramble on and on about nothing while bringing no facts to the table.

Maryland
-6 metro legs
-3 commuter train routes
-2 DC suburb light rail projects
-Massive BRT project
-Will have only suburb to suburb mass transit purple line connecting 4 metro legs

Virginia has
-2 metro legs (Blue and yellow is one leg really)
-2 commuter train routes
-1 DC metro leg project

Maryland is the city. Virginia is the country.
Hate to bust your bubble but once the new Subway is completed it will cover All 6 Subway Rails in the Maryland/DC Suburbs. So your missing me with that crap.

So again you constantly criticize Maryland Highway Projects but did not say one bad thing in the Tysons Corner thread about Virginia widening I-495, I-66, and I-95/395 which makes me question the real deal about this anti-Highway and pro-trolley like light rail hustle talk for suburban Maryland while keeping quite about the Increasing Highway Construction in Virginia........

Oh and BTW I guess New York City, Chicago, and LA must be Country too because they have Several Highways.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland