Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 02:24 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,402,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
More White residents will come in, and more Black residents will move out.
Wow the National Alliance has really spoken........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
North County will be way cooler thanks to development in Hyattsville and College Park. I've got very high hopes for East Campus... hopefully by the time I have kids I'll be able to take them to the ol' alma mater and be proud of how the town looks. If not, well, we can just watch the sunset over McKeldin in the fall. Maybe the purple line will be running as well.
If they don't do something about that Botleneck on that Narrow US Highway 1 that "High Hopes for East Campus" Will be a dud......

Quote:
Greenbelt will probably be its same old self, which is probably a good thing. Maybe the Beltway Plaza mall will be better... as more people move in they'll demand a better mall.
You might be right because that crap shoot talk about Development around the Greenbelt Station was nothing but BS from the special interest groups and transit activist trying to fantasize that Mass Transit produces Upscale Development.....

Quote:
Dunno about Beltsville or Laurel. I can see them getting a little refurbished but I would say a big transformation won't happen for another 20 years.
Right because the near future plan is the New Konterra Project............

Old 08-28-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
What's going on with the massive Konterra project, that's supposed to transform Beltsville and Laurel? Is it even being constructed at the present time??
Beltsville and Laurel are separate from Konterra...........

Quote:
Goodness, I hope so!!! (To dream a dream...)
You and Mitt Romey both....

Old 08-28-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -.- View Post
It will still be the red headed step child of the region....
According to Maryland Haters from Virginia and DC/Virginia transplants from the Carolina's and Georgia......

Old 08-28-2012, 03:29 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
According to Maryland Haters from Virginia and DC/Virginia transplants from the Carolina's and Georgia......
And most non-PG residents of the Metro DC area and the State Legislature, which is what it's always been considered.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:33 PM

304 posts, read 713,879 times
Quote:
Beltsville and Laurel are separate from Konterra...........
So I'm curious as to where you think the Konterra development centers around?? I'm quite familiar with Laurel and Beltsville, and unless I'm totally spaced out, I think the areas identified on the official Konterra website specifically allude to the Laurel (and Beltsville) area... Konterra Realty - Premier Residential Neighborhoods

Old 08-28-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
So I'm curious as to where you think the Konterra development centers around?? I'm quite familiar with Laurel and Beltsville, and unless I'm totally spaced out, I think the areas identified on the official Konterra website specifically allude to the Laurel (and Beltsville) area... Konterra Realty - Premier Residential Neighborhoods
Either way Konterra is going to be the Jewel that will bring Northern PG County up to parr with Fairfax.....

Old 08-29-2012, 10:08 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
I hadn't heard that they were going to develop that area of Laurel-Beltsville. I used to drive through that area all of the time on the way to the Hospital. Even though it's in the area called Beltsville, it seems like an extension of Laurel. It's not going to make a difference to the rest of Beltsville, or at least, I don't think it will.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:16 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Either way Konterra is going to be the Jewel that will bring Northern PG County up to parr with Fairfax.....
LOL you're delusional Konterra is not going to make PG touch Fairfax with it's premier schools which leads to over valued homes, low crime rate and one of the largest office square footages in the country.

I mean you do realize PG is a distant last place in this region in terms of median home sale prices?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:20 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Where do you see Prince Georges County in 5 to 10 years as far as progress or regress? Please share your thoughts based on three areas; South County, Central County, and North County.

South County (2017 - 2022)

Central County (2017 - 2022)

North County (2017 - 2022)
Unless there is dramatic improvement in the schools I don't see much real change just cosmetic at best.

Also if Romney wins it will almost certainly mean a GOP House and Senate which could spell doom for many PG residents whose fortunes are tied to the Federal government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland