Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2007, 03:20 PM

29 posts, read 150,648 times

Advertisements

This forum has been very helpful in getting a lot of info about the area.

Can someone recommend good preschools in Rockville, Gaithersburg Potomac areas?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2007, 07:43 AM

2,462 posts, read 8,920,232 times
I live in northern Virginia, and don't have specific information on preschools in Maryland, but if you are looking for traditional preschools (2-3 hours a day, several days a week) rather than full-time day care centers, you should be aware that many such preschools in this area fill up extremely fast, and you need to get your name in RIGHT NOW for September classes. Many schools are located in churches or synagogues, and give priority to church members, returning students, and siblings, leaving relatively few openings for newcomers to the area.
You might consider calling the elementary school(s) in your area, and asking the office staff or kindergarten teacher to give you the names of some schools that their students have attended.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Montessori schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by claremarie View Post
I live in northern Virginia, and don't have specific information on preschools in Maryland, but if you are looking for traditional preschools (2-3 hours a day, several days a week) rather than full-time day care centers, you should be aware that many such preschools in this area fill up extremely fast, and you need to get your name in RIGHT NOW for September classes. Many schools are located in churches or synagogues, and give priority to church members, returning students, and siblings, leaving relatively few openings for newcomers to the area.
You might consider calling the elementary school(s) in your area, and asking the office staff or kindergarten teacher to give you the names of some schools that their students have attended.
I see there are all the chain day care centers in the area (kindercare etc). I am leaning towards Montessori schools where hopefully my kid will get individual attention.
I hope they have openings *crossing my fingers*

Calling the elementary schools is a great idea! Thanks.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 15,788 times
Gaithersburg Presbyterian off route 355 fredrick ave across the street from walnut shopping center trust me you cant go wrong.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:22 AM

4 posts, read 27,656 times
If you want to look at top Montessori schools, a good one is the Franklin Montessori on Darnestown Road (Rt. 28). It is relatively expensive, though.

The Gaithersburg Presbyterian preschool is highly regarded and worth checking out.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:41 AM

We are on single income right now. Franklin Montessori is a bit too expensive for us till I find a job.

We finally made it here! WOW! A lot more traffic than North East (never thought I would say that!) but the trade off is there is a lot more to do.

I started looking into preschools right away. My little one is super stressed out after the move! I think getting her into a good school will help a lot.

Gaithersburg Presbyterian does not have any openings right now.

Any other preschool suggestions around Rockville, Potomac, Gaithersburg, Germantown areas?

Old 03-08-2007, 09:47 AM

48 posts, read 185,823 times
Epworth Preschool in Gaithersburg is very highly rated and I can say a wonderful school (301) 977- 3421.

Faith Methodist is Rockville has a very nuturing environment and an impressive academic program.

The Community Center on Frederick Road in Gaithersburg also offers preschool but I can't say how good it is.

To be honest, most preschools just completed their registration last month so it may be a good idea to get on a few waiting lists QUICKLY. This is a transiant area so there would probably be a good chance of you getting in from a wait list.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:58 AM

2 posts, read 11,526 times
Rockville Community Nursery School in Rockville is wonderful, if you (or your spouse, mom, etc) have the schedule flexibility to volunteer in your child's classroom a couple times a month. It's a cooperative preschool, so they are all about welcoming parents into all aspects of the school. Very small classes, lots of loving individual attention, play-based with a really great curriculum that emphasizes all kinds of developmental areas in incredibly specific ways. My children both loved it there, adore the teachers and the other children, and I love knowing the teachers and other parents so well. www.RCNScoop.org and they're on facebook www.facebook.com/RCNScoop Co-ops are much less expensive than other kinds of preschools, definitely waaaaay less than Montessori.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland