Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 02:51 PM

304 posts, read 714,245 times

Advertisements

The amount of ignorance (and apparently—sheer stupidity) from so many people, are beyond words. The fact that the world is so 'black and white' for so many people, is alarming, sad, and goes to show how so many people live in a closed safe box that prevents them from dealing with reality. I don't mind differing opinions or spirited debates... however, I won't waste keystrokes of people who are about as wrong as two left shoes.

I'll do what I've simply done before and ask a question I've continued to ask and have continued to not get a realistic answer to: if Chick-Fil-A had a race-based stance which was they felt black people were 'less than' ... should not be afford equal rights ... contributed financially to the KKK and white supremist causes ... would so many of you apathetic and indifferent creatures of the human race, have the same strong, dismissive feelings they have on this issue??? I'll continue to wait lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,992,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
The amount of ignorance (and apparently—sheer stupidity) from so many people, are beyond words. The fact that the world is so 'black and white' for so many people, is alarming, sad, and goes to show how so many people live in a closed safe box that prevents them from dealing with reality. I don't mind differing opinions or spirited debates... however, I won't waste keystrokes of people who are about as wrong as two left shoes.

I'll do what I've simply done before and ask a question I've continued to ask and have continued to not get a realistic answer to: if Chick-Fil-A had a race-based stance which was they felt black people were 'less than' ... should not be afford equal rights ... contributed financially to the KKK and white supremist causes ... would so many of you apathetic and indifferent creatures of the human race, have the same strong, dismissive feelings they have on this issue??? I'll continue to wait lol.
  1. There is a difference between race and sexual orientation. Until someone can conclusively say that sexual orientation is determined by genetics, it's difficult to say the two are the same. I mean gay people can have two straight parents and no one can say where them becoming gay came from but if I got two black parents, it's a guarantee that I'm not Asian.
  2. This has been beat to death but his original comments had nothing to do with gays. Once he said he believed in traditional marriage the PC police were already out.
  3. When and who defined marriage originally?

Old 04-02-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
  1. There is a difference between race and sexual orientation. Until someone can conclusively say that sexual orientation is determined by genetics, it's difficult to say the two are the same. I mean gay people can have two straight parents and no one can say where them becoming gay came from but if I got two black parents, it's a guarantee that I'm not Asian.
  2. This has been beat to death but his original comments had nothing to do with gays. Once he said he believed in traditional marriage the PC police were already out.
  3. When and who defined marriage originally?
As a ghetto chick would say... "No, boo!" Basic human rights are just that... basic human rights. All of you closet prejudiced individuals can come up with all kinds of cute, cuddly, closeted ways of trying to cover up what is defined as "discrimination," but at the end of the day it's just that... discrimination. I'm not here for what YOU think or what YOUR opinion is. I'm here for FACTS. And based on FACT... what we know as FACT is that a top level member of a national retail food chain, made a comment that marginalized and offended a group of people. As soon as that person from Chick-Fil-A made the PUBLIC comment, he lost any right he may have had to a 'personal opinion.' If he didn't want to be judged, he should have kept his comments to himself, and odds are this conversation wouldn't still be going on, today. Add to that—and I don't know how many times this has to brought to your attention...perhaps there's some sort of selective reading comprehension issue you have—it WAS NOT as simple as him making a comment. The corporation he works for is on record for FINANCIALLY CONTRIBUTING to anti-gay groups and causes. Try as you may, you are fighting a losing battle. You can't be dismissive of something that's blatantly in the face of all.

Who cares WTF some morons from hundreds of years ago, defined marriage as?? That's all a moot point to begin with, as the Separation of Church and State is supposed to preclude such things from even having an impact on these types of issues. With that being said, this is about BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS. And the moment you try to marginalize a group of people based on your own beliefs ... the moment you try to limit a group of people based on your personal beliefs ... the moment you try to turn a group of people into 2nd and 3rd class citizens that are 'less than,' based on your personal beliefs ... you become someone who is categorically defined as a 'bigot.' There's no other way around it. This is discrimination is every sense of the word, no matter how one tries to sway it.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:41 PM

Before I even entertain this comment, I want to at least point out that I think you really take away from a lot of your points by constantly including insults. It's really honestly beneath you. I think you honestly can do better than that. It just reeks of someone with some serious insecurity that feels that insulting someone makes their point more valid. I digress.

Quote:
As a ghetto chick would say... "No, boo!" Basic human rights are just that... basic human rights. All of you closet prejudiced individuals can come up with all kinds of cute, cuddly, closeted ways of trying to cover up what is defined as "discrimination," but at the end of the day it's just that... discrimination. I'm not here for what YOU think or what YOUR opinion is. I'm here for FACTS. And based on FACT... what we know as FACT is that a top level member of a national retail food chain, made a comment that marginalized and offended a group of people.
Isn't the fact that you consider 'this', whatever 'this' is, a basic human right, your opinion? What is the definition of a basic human right? It is a very subjective thing, clearly.

Quote:
As soon as that person from Chick-Fil-A made the PUBLIC comment, he lost any right he may have had to a 'personal opinion.' If he didn't want to be judged, he should have kept his comments to himself, and odds are this conversation wouldn't still be going on, today. Add to that—and I don't know how many times this has to brought to your attention...perhaps there's some sort of selective reading comprehension issue you have—it WAS NOT as simple as him making a comment. The corporation he works for is on record for FINANCIALLY CONTRIBUTING to anti-gay groups and causes. Try as you may, you are fighting a losing battle. You can't be dismissive of something that's blatantly in the face of all.
So it's okay to say that you support gay marriage, but it's not okay to say that you support traditional marriage? That seems like it's your opinion. Didn't seem to hurt them because they had one of the highest grossing single business days in the history of fast food right after his comments. If it was really that appalling as you make it, then I can't see how that would happen. There were even some gay people who went out and supported Chick Fil-A that day because they realized that regardless if they agree with this man or not, he had every right to express his opinion just like anyone else in this country.

As far as the financial records for groups that support traditional marriage, the only people that it was news to was apparently you and the other media-brainwashed people in this nation. Chick Fil-A for years has been known as a Christian organization, that hosted or was apart of many marriage conferences, closed on Sunday to honor the Sabbath day, and plays Christian music in the restaurants. The fact that this SUDDENLY became news last year, shows how ignorant people in this country really are.

Quote:
Who cares WTF some morons from hundreds of years ago, defined marriage as?? That's all a moot point to begin with, as the Separation of Church and State is supposed to preclude such things from even having an impact on these types of issues. With that being said, this is about BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS. And the moment you try to marginalize a group of people based on your own beliefs ... the moment you try to limit a group of people based on your personal beliefs ... the moment you try to turn a group of people into 2nd and 3rd class citizens that are 'less than,' based on your personal beliefs ... you become someone who is categorically defined as a 'bigot.' There's no other way around it. This is discrimination is every sense of the word, no matter how one tries to sway it.
I knew you were going to do that. That is just ironic that you would have this response, when you just said:

Quote:
I'll do what I've simply done before and ask a question I've continued to ask and have continued to not get a realistic answer to:
Are you giving a realistic answer or are you avoiding the question? I didn't ask you about anything religious, I just simply asked you where did marriage come from. Based on your initial response it seems as though you are already admitting that marriage was a religious institution long before it was a part of this nation.

Don't be a hypocrite, answer the question.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:29 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,677 times
Quote:
So it's okay to say that you support gay marriage, but it's not okay to say that you support traditional marriage?
I'm not sure if this is what you were implying, but how does gay marriage have any effect at all on traditional marriage? This is an honest question, and I guess it's tangentially relevant so that's good enough for me. It's something I've been wondering about for awhile because I know a LOT of people who are against gay marriage and they don't seem to have any reason other than personal disgust or it's against their religion. I honestly can't think of an actual reason to be against gay marriage.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I'm not sure if this is what you were implying, but how does gay marriage have any effect at all on traditional marriage? This is an honest question, and I guess it's tangentially relevant so that's good enough for me. It's something I've been wondering about for awhile because I know a LOT of people who are against gay marriage and they don't seem to have any reason other than personal disgust or it's against their religion. I honestly can't think of an actual reason to be against gay marriage.
The point that was being made, is that when Dan Cathy said that he supported traditional marriage, it was thought of as being an anti-gay comment even though he never said anything in his original comments about gay marriage. If people saw the two as being separate then they would not have had an issue with his original statement.

There are a number of reasons that I can think of that have nothing to do with my religious beliefs, but I'm not going to derail this thread with another debate that I know we are not going to see eye-to-eye on.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:21 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,677 times
Quote:
The point that was being made, is that when Dan Cathy said that he supported traditional marriage, it was thought of as being an anti-gay comment even though he never said anything in his original comments about gay marriage. If people saw the two as being separate then they would not have had an issue with his original statement.

There are a number of reasons that I can think of that have nothing to do with my religious beliefs, but I'm not going to derail this thread with another debate that I know we are not going to see eye-to-eye on.
It was an honest question. You could humor me. How does gay marriage damage traditional marriage?

Old 04-02-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
It was an honest question. You could humor me. How does gay marriage damage traditional marriage?
  1. Redefines the word marriage
  2. Opens possible door for other forms of marriage that may include relatives and polygamist
  3. Impacts pro-creation by creating less relationships where pro-creation is possible
  4. Complicates adoption laws for those who desire to have children
  5. Confuses gender identification

Old 04-02-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
  1. Redefines the word marriage
  2. Opens possible door for other forms of marriage that may include relatives and polygamist
  3. Impacts pro-creation by creating less relationships where pro-creation is possible
  4. Complicates adoption laws for those who desire to have children
  5. Confuses gender identification
I'm going to have to just come on out and say it: YOU'RE A DUMBASS IDIOT! And that's almost a compliment. I don't care if the comment gets deleted or if I get an infraction or whatever else. I obviously don't live my life on here as you do. How stereotypically cliched and ignorant you are, and the saddest part is, I'm beginning to think you honestly don't notice it lol. When I think of all of the comedy bits done on television, in newspapers, and over the radio, about ignorant people who've made ALL of those aforementioned comments you have... and then for you to turn around and post that claptrap trite as some sort of respectable, valid, scientific fact, is beyond words lol.

1. We redefined a million other age old laws dating back hundreds of years that have no validity in modern times... there's no difference here.
  2. The difference is that the absolute vast majority of homosexuals don't choose their sexual orientation. Just like a hetero doesn't choose to like the opposite sex, a homosexual doesn't choose to like the same sex. A polygamist or someone into incestual relationships, CHOOSES the action. Talk about a fail way of trying to make a point. That's best you've got???
  3. Hetero idiots already impact procreation, evidenced by the fact that in this country–alone–over 50% of heterosexual marriages fail. Gay people make up less than 20% of the United States population. Sound the alarm!!! It's the end of the human race lol!
  4. There are many people of all backgrounds who have no issues (or the same issues) adopting. I'm not here for smoke and mirror facts. Show me some credible links by credible sources which confirm this.
  5. And this is the biggest form of ignorance, yet. I can't tell you how many laughs people have produced over quoting morons who've stated this. The idea that because a child sees a man-and-man, that child is going to do the same, even though they are biologically programmed to like the opposite sex. And virtually the ENTIRE scientific and medial worlds have collectively agreed that this is absolutely false. So sad to be you. I honestly really feel sorry for you. I don't think I can be too mad with you, anymore. You obviously have some sort of mental imbalance. Either than or you are just some really old person with old habits and ideas that are just ingrained in your thought processes. Either way, it's sad.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:23 PM

Khemistry's ways to avoid questions he has no answer to:

1. Hurl an insult to get poster to become distracted so that way they forget that you never answered their question
  2. Ignore the poster's post until someone else present a point to them, and then respond to a post that was not address to you so the poster forgets that you never answered the question
  3. Hurl an insult so that you purposely get your post delete, get the thread shut down and never have to respond to the question being asked (you wish ).
  4. Hurl an insult because you feel insecure about something that you think...umm...well he could....okay doesn't exist because you kind of sort of had an experience in church, but then some religious people who don't understand the Bible made you feel bad so rather than deal with the fact that you really don't believe a God doesn't exist, you get angry at anyone that represents God because you are mad at God. But really it's not God that rejected you, it's that God didn't do things that you wanted to. Yes I went there.
You still haven't answered the question. If you are so intelligent and all knowing as you claim then you should be able to answer a simple question. You've done everything but. The world is watching you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland