Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 07:31 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,571,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What kind of "checkered past" does Chick Fil-A have?

Thread Response #2 like forever ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
How is Chick-Fil-A's past checkered?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 08:20 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I'm not sure if this is what you were implying, but how does gay marriage have any effect at all on traditional marriage? This is an honest question, and I guess it's tangentially relevant so that's good enough for me. It's something I've been wondering about for awhile because I know a LOT of people who are against gay marriage and they don't seem to have any reason other than personal disgust or it's against their religion. I honestly can't think of an actual reason to be against gay marriage.
If someone I don't know, murders someone I don't know, does that affect me? No. Should we allow it to happen without punishing the offender? Should murder be encouraged as a lifestyle choice?

I am not trying to equate murder with gay marriage. I am just trying to show that some things that may not affect you personally can affect society negatively. Do you want your kids to grow up thinking any lifestyle choice they make will never cause them any anguish or harm? Where does one draw the line? Do you draw my line? Do I draw yours? If I thought stealing was an OK lifestyle would you want your kids to hear that opinion? How about something totally legal, like over eating? Should we allow schools to teach our kids that eating whatever they want will never hurt them?

There are all kinds of things that you can do or allow others to do that may not impact me, but the acceptance of doing these thing can have an influence on future choices by our children.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:51 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Having dated a woman from North Carolina and having married a Carolina girl, I've been to Harris Teeter many times. My wife questions the hysteria over Harris Teeter as they in Carolina see it as just another Safeway or Giant. Harris Teeter is not boutique like Dean & Deluca or even Trader Joe's. The times I have gone to Harris Teeter, nothing jumped out at me as special or different than any other grocer I've been to. Personally I would prefer Whole Foods or Earth Fare. At least they offer something other than the run of the mill national food brands. Even Wegman's is refreshing which is why people travel 20+ miles just to shop at one. Not sure I'd travel pass a number of grocery stores to go to a Harris Teeter.
Cool. I do love the varied selection of veggies at Wegman's. Can't beat that around here. I like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's too. Anything out of the ordinary here would be great.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:50 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post

Thread Response #2 like forever ago.
Why should I have to read an entire thread before asking a question? I don't have to. But thank you for your concern.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:22 PM

304 posts, read 713,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why should I have to read an entire thread before asking a question? I don't have to. But thank you for your concern.
Don't expect to be spoon fed information, because you're too lazy to do what other people don't seem to have a problem doing. The redundant question you asked, is just as bad as those idiot children who always comment on YouTube or Facebook fan page postings, asking a question that had been answered dozens upon dozens of times, only because they are too lazy (or too stupid in some cases) to put in a little work and find out for themselves. That's also why a lot of forums, these days, have rules that you MUST check to see if a topic you're about to start, has already been covered. It's to prevent redundant threads and questions. You want someone to re-answer a question that was already addressed, especially for you??? Because you're WHO, exactly? Because you're so special and important in what way???

Old 04-09-2013, 06:29 PM

304 posts, read 713,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
If someone I don't know, murders someone I don't know, does that affect me? No. Should we allow it to happen without punishing the offender? Should murder be encouraged as a lifestyle choice?

I am not trying to equate murder with gay marriage. I am just trying to show that some things that may not affect you personally can affect society negatively. Do you want your kids to grow up thinking any lifestyle choice they make will never cause them any anguish or harm? Where does one draw the line? Do you draw my line? Do I draw yours? If I thought stealing was an OK lifestyle would you want your kids to hear that opinion? How about something totally legal, like over eating? Should we allow schools to teach our kids that eating whatever they want will never hurt them?

There are all kinds of things that you can do or allow others to do that may not impact me, but the acceptance of doing these thing can have an influence on future choices by our children.
This is where your entire rant is reduced to irrelevancy: HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A LIFESTYLE OR LIFESTYLE CHOICE!!! How many times has the collective scientific and medical bodies, came together and publicly stated this? And since I know that your retort will be something claiming it IS a choice... preemptively, show me some cited sources from accredited bodies, that show that being gay or lesbian, is a choice. I have to wonder if you're some slack-jawed 75-year-old confederate lover. For anyone in this day and age to try and present something a "fact" that has time after time after time been proven FALSE, is so sad and infuriating.

That's why I have the responses I do to people like you. Not because I can't respect a differing opinion... it's because I can't stand people who spread negative stereotypes based on extreme ignorance. I can respect someone who says, "In my opinion pizza tastes like crap." Even though I wouldn't agree, who am I to say that pizza is universally delicious for everyone? However, I can't respect a person or take a person seriously, who'd state something as ignorant as "In my opinion the world is flat," when it's been proven that's completely false.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:56 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
This is where your entire rant is reduced to irrelevancy: HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A LIFESTYLE OR LIFESTYLE CHOICE!!! How many times has the collective scientific and medical bodies, came together and publicly stated this? And since I know that your retort will be something claiming it IS a choice... preemptively, show me some cited sources from accredited bodies, that show that being gay or lesbian, is a choice. I have to wonder if you're some slack-jawed 75-year-old confederate lover. For anyone in this day and age to try and present something a "fact" that has time after time after time been proven FALSE, is so sad and infuriating.

That's why I have the responses I do to people like you. Not because I can't respect a differing opinion... it's because I can't stand people who spread negative stereotypes based on extreme ignorance. I can respect someone who says, "In my opinion pizza tastes like crap." Even though I wouldn't agree, who am I to say that pizza is universally delicious for everyone? However, I can't respect a person or take a person seriously, who'd state something as ignorant as "In my opinion the world is flat," when it's been proven that's completely false.
Why are you responding to all these people with these rants, but you conveniently have ignored my question for you? Why should anyone prove anything to you when you have proved nothing? All you do is insult people and go on these long-winded rants about nothing. How do you even begin to demand people to bring proof, when you haven't even done it yourself? You are arguing about marriage and you can't even explain the origin of marriage and what it actually is.

When someone asked you a question that you knew you couldn't answer, you purposedly tried to attack me in an attempt to shut down the thread just so you didn't have to answer it. Before anyone answer your question. You should be the one answering the questions.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:27 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,213,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
I guess I just never noticed it was closed. Wow, can't say I'm surprised though. Probably would be a great location for a Chick Fil-A though.
Scratch that PG, it looks like the Clinton Arby's is coming back at its same spot next month. Just say the announcement sign on its tall symbol while driving past it on Rt. 1 on Monday.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:54 PM

631 posts, read 1,396,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Scratch that PG, it looks like the Clinton Arby's is coming back at its same spot next month. Just say the announcement sign on its tall symbol while driving past it on Rt. 1 on Monday.

It must have been renovations being completed

Old 04-10-2013, 09:11 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Do people still go to Arby's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland