Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2014, 09:46 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
I was on the Tanger NH site and they had two new stores coming soon. Ecco and Toys R Us.
Toys R Us? Meh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 10:09 AM

1,261 posts, read 694,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Toys R Us? Meh.
agreed....

Old 07-09-2014, 10:40 AM

2,429 posts, read 3,566,591 times
Quote:
Toys R Us? Meh.
Toys R Us does make me do back flips either but considering it will be the only toy store in the immediate area, them coming speaks volumes in filling a retail void.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Toys R Us does make me do back flips either but considering it will be the only toy store in the immediate area, them coming speaks volumes in filling a retail void.
Oh I definitely agree. I just never saw a Toys R Us at an outlet. Though I would have preferred a more boutique toy store for the caliber of stores currently at the outlets. I guess I don't feel either way. lol

Toys R Us is pretty few and far between in the DC area. I recall the on in Langley Park that closed a number of years ago.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Oh I definitely agree. I just never saw a Toys R Us at an outlet. Though I would have preferred a more boutique toy store for the caliber of stores currently at the outlets. I guess I don't feel either way. lol

Toys R Us is pretty few and far between in the DC area. I recall the on in Langley Park that closed a number of years ago.
True. I think you are going to see more of that as people continue to prefer shopping online vs. brick and mortar. Especially for traditional stores that are regularly priced.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:13 PM

So its about a month delayed but will be opening up at the end of the month. They mention outdoor seating with water views. I could have sworn that they were taking Ketchup's old location which doesn't have those types of views.

Quote:

A new oyster bar is opening later this month across the Potomac at National Harbor. The Walrus Oyster & Ale House, a 6,700-square-foot restaurant and bar from Fairfax-headquartered Star Restaurant Group will launch July 31 at 140 Waterfront St.; it's described in a news release as a "casual, moderately priced 150-seat seafood haven." An outdoor deck with water views will feature seating for 75.

New Oyster Bar Coming to National Harbor - Business - Greater Alexandria, VA Patch

Old 07-09-2014, 01:51 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,215,561 times
Quote:

Close to where I live in Brandywine, there's the one up in Clinton right off of Rt. 5/Branch Ave (I believe that's the same one that moved from Marlow Heights years ago, I used to love going there as a kid) and the one down in the Waldorf/St. Charles area.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
So its about a month delayed but will be opening up at the end of the month. They mention outdoor seating with water views. I could have sworn that they were taking Ketchup's old location which doesn't have those types of views.

New Oyster Bar Coming to National Harbor - Business - Greater Alexandria, VA Patch

Quote:
The food menu for The Walrus will draw inspiration from Maryland’s seafood traditions, with D.C. chef and James Beard award-winner, Bob Kinkead, overseeing the culinary program as an advisor to the restaurant.
Wow! That's big time there buddy. And a seafood haven? Those are big words. I'm there! My wife and I already tried the new Red Stone Grille. Pretty nice. Music is kinda loud. Gets very dark inside at night. Food was okay.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Wow! That's big time there buddy. And a seafood haven? Those are big words. I'm there! My wife and I already tried the new Red Stone Grille. Pretty nice. Music is kinda loud. Gets very dark inside at night. Food was okay.
Yeah it will be interesting to see how they do. Will definitely give them a try. I agree with you on Red Stone in terms of the food. Not bad but could be improved. Hopefully that will be the case as they become more seasoned. One advantage that they have now is that they are the only restaurant there with an outside bar. And from what I here will be the only one with that feature in the short term. M&S tried to get one but couldn't. They are, however, trying to expand their restaurant into the Pier House space since they are the most profitable location among all of the M&S sites. Trying to figure out what is going on with the Chocolate Bar. Their signs are down but it still says they are coming on their website...hmmmm

Old 07-10-2014, 09:48 AM

The Petersons. Business genius?

Think about it. People complained about the big Jumbotron blocking views of the Potomac. But consider this:

Quote:
Despite Team USA’s elimination from the World Cup soccer tournament, eateries at National Harbor are still seeing a boom in business, thanks to showings of the games at restaurants and on the plaza’s giant screen.

It brought huge crowds to National Harbor that otherwise may not have come. You may have a few first time visitors who now having been there, may come back. The timing of a big screen during one of the most watched sporting events is pretty awesome. The only view the people in the picture are concerned about are what's on the screen. Genius?

National Harbor catches FIFA fever for World Cup -- Gazette.Net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland