Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 02:19 PM

153 posts, read 306,516 times

Advertisements

Great article in the WAPO about the Anacostia Trail System linking up the Hyattsville/Bladensburg area with downtown DC! Lots of great successful projects have been happening along the Anacostia recently that are changing the terrible reputation it has had for years. Has anyone seen the fabulous boardwalk they put in along the river near Navy Yards/ Nats Stadium? These projects are changing the publics perception about this "undesirable" side of town and with those changed perceptions it will bring revitalization to many areas that need it. Many of us already know what a great area this is (or can be) but many others are soon to find out. Like he syas it the article “It’s about to blow up,” !

Anacostia River shapes up as a fitness destination - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 08:10 AM

377 posts, read 665,324 times
This trail won't change any reputations. And while small parts of Anacostia are getting better, large portions still have major problems. Just look at the crime reports website.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:31 AM

153 posts, read 306,516 times
FAST GTO wrote " Just look at the crime reports website."

Thanks for the suggestion so I decided to look up the stats for the 2 areas (links below) that I mentioned in my above post (Hyattsville and Bladenburg). Both of these communities have much LOWER crime stats today than they did a few years ago! This illustrates my point exactly! While of course this trail system and river project are not going to totally solve all of the problems along the Anacostia it sure is helping a lot! My point is that these projects are welcoming new people into this area who never would have dreamt of setting foot over here before. Ultimately time will tell how it all plays out but I think things are already changing and it would seem these stats would agree.

//www.city-data.com/crime/crime...-Maryland.html

//www.city-data.com/crime/crime...-Maryland.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland