Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2014, 11:11 AM

4 posts, read 5,388 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

My wife and i currently live in King Farm, across from Shady Grove metro. Just wanted to get some information on places to live around the area. I work downtown and take the metro each day, and my wife is a teacher in the MOGO school system.

I guess what i am asking is compared to King Farm, does anyone have any opinions on other places to live? We are looking for a townhouses, and I see there are tons all over the area. So in hopes that I could get any help to narrow my search, that would be appreciated.

We would be happy moving as far down as North Bethesda and up to Gaithersburg. I see there are some new places like Pike and Rose (White Flint) and Cadence at Crown (Gaithersburg), are these worth the price? The Ketlands area also seems like a nice area. We would be happy being close to a metro, but isnt required (we have 2 cars). So if anyone could provide any input on places in Gaithersburg, Rockville, North Bethesda that would be great. We dont have to get down to specifics, there are just so many places to look that i have no idea where to start. So any tips/experiences would be most helpful.

Thank you guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 11:21 AM

13,375 posts, read 27,093,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clore44 View Post
I guess what i am asking is compared to King Farm, does anyone have any opinions on other places to live?
This is a question almost impossible to answer without knowing your budget, likes and dislikes. Whether you expect to have children in the future, whether your wife might change jobs etc.

I personally like the walkable neo-urban developments like Kentlands and King Farm. Compared to them, the standard townhouse development seems blah. However, Kentlands is is an extremely long commute from DC. The question of "are they worth the price" on other developments is something only you can determine. FWIW, Pike and Rose will have only apartments, and it is not built yet as far as I can see. Cadence at Crown is also apartments, not townhouses. I suggest narrowing down your choice to what you really want.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:33 AM

4 posts, read 5,388 times
Thanks for the help! Yeah i know i was very vague. I guess budget wise, for monthly rent (we arent ready to buy yet) maybe around 2000-2500 a month and like you said our main focus would be a walkabale environment and Ketlands was one area we liked. I guess i'd like to follow up with your post, and ask if you know of any good places in Ketlands? The few times we have driven out there, there seem to be a lot of places. Any good recommendations?

Thanks

Old 03-26-2014, 11:57 AM

13,375 posts, read 27,093,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clore44 View Post
I guess i'd like to follow up with your post, and ask if you know of any good places in Ketlands? The few times we have driven out there, there seem to be a lot of places. Any good recommendations?
I have only visited the shops and restaurants. However, there are many listing on Craigslist in your price range. They are both townhouses and privately owned condo apartments. FWIW, the luxury rental apartments by Bozzutto called the Courts of Devon also might be attractive. I think you should just start looking at properties and your wants will become clearer.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:33 PM

100 posts, read 154,883 times
If you're looking for townhomes, take Pike & Rose off your list since that development is apartments.
Kentlands is a good spot...great restaurants and shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland