Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 01:48 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,568,048 times

Advertisements

Here is a project that PGC should try to get ahead of while they are still in the planning stages. There would be a couple of spots (College Park for one) that would be ideal for this type of project.

Quote:
The federal government is putting together plans for a sprawling campus devoted
to cyber security to be developed somewhere in the D.C. region that would bring
together hundreds of industry experts under one roof.
General Services Administration details plans for cybersecurity campus in D.C. region - Washington Business Journal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 02:05 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,578,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
Here is a project that PGC should try to get ahead of while they are still in the planning stages. There would be a couple of spots (College Park for one) that would be ideal for this type of project.

General Services Administration details plans for cybersecurity campus in D.C. region - Washington Business Journal

It would be an awesome location. And that should be in their hat in case they don't get the FBI. College Park or Greenbelt would be great because they would be close to the NSA and both are transit nodes.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
It would be an awesome location. And that should be in their hat in case they don't get the FBI. College Park or Greenbelt would be great because they would be close to the NSA and both are transit nodes.
I couldn't agree with you more. I am curious if they (PG Econ Dev Dept.) have it on their radar. I question their forecasting abilities at times

Old 05-13-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. I am curious if they (PG Econ Dev Dept.) have it on their radar. I question their forecasting abilities at times
Well I put it on the following radars,

UMCP President
Mayors of College Park and Greenbelt
Rashurn Barker
Senator Mikulski

Feel free to contact anyone else you may think needs to hear about this.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:59 PM

15,436 posts, read 25,829,503 times
Where in CP would they put it? Greenbelt seems to have room.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Where in CP would they put it? Greenbelt seems to have room.
I'm not sure that the campus should be as sprawling as they suggest. But within a TOD zone, it should be built up rather than out. Currently, there are open parcels for future development in the M-Square research park. There's no word on where the FBI will land, but this cybersecurity campus would be a great consolation prize. It would go where the FBI is planned to go. In addition, the parcel across the street from the FDA complex at M-Square next to the tennis tents has just been offered up for redevelopment. "A self-contained mixed-use with offices and retail". Not sprawling, but not a bad spot to build a few buildings at about 10 or so stories each.

M-Square

Last edited by adelphi_sky; 05-13-2014 at 04:34 PM..

Old 05-14-2014, 07:11 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,829,503 times
Oh, I see. I thought the land on Paint Branch pkwy was part of the park. I see that I was wrong. Thanks.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Well I put it on the following radars,

UMCP President
Mayors of College Park and Greenbelt
Rashurn Barker
Senator Mikulski

Feel free to contact anyone else you may think needs to hear about this.

Cool. That is a great start. I will probably shoot an email to a couple of the state reps and senators for our area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland