Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 06:01 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
um, this is not only a PG county or black thing. Do you know how many times i've seen the exact same thing happen? Just to let you know, i've seen hispanic, white, and foreign kids do this crap and I live in Alexandria. Also, I'm an AA and know plenty of well-to-do AA's who live in PG.

If you want to move why stop with PG county? I think the whole DC area is nothing but a rusty toilet filled with illegals, thugs, horrid drivers, and yuppies. So if you think that moving from PG to Montgomery or Fairfax is going to solve your problems i expect to see another post entitled "Why I want to leave Montgomery or Fairfax County"
Thanks for agreeing with me in a way ... I think. And no, it won't do any good to hop a county barrier. I think I would head back down south, smaller type city life, slower pace, less crime, etc. And yes, any type of youth group could have done this, this post was not to specifically target AAs for any reason, other than the shirt they had on, and the fact that they were terrorizing drivers. I've lived all over the place, everyone has its minorities, and its troublemakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 07:10 PM

746 posts, read 846,416 times
Wow, this was hilarious i cannot believe you actually wrote that down. Hell, I lived in a predomintely white neighborhood and I remember doing this with my friends. We did it out of boredom and at 11-12 years old it can be quite a riot. However, none of us were stupid enough to run in front of a car risking our lives in the event the car does not see us, so you are clearly exaggerating for effect. We usually jumped out on the passenger or driver side door not at the front of the car.

Anyway i'm only commenting because you felt the need to describe the youths race. The other day I saw a what i'll presume to be a white jewish youth wearing a shirt that said "I see Jewish People." I do not get your point, is that shirt somehow non factual? If it said "I see White Trash" or "I see Hillbillie Redneck White Trash" or anything that could be considerd a slur you might have a valid point. However, if i white person wore a shirt saying "I see Black People" and they happend to live in PGC i think that would be hilarious, because there's no racial element to its just pure irony(it's also a reference to a pop culture movie that is fairly popular among teens "Scary Movie 2".

However, if the shirt said "I see Ghetto Black Trash" or something that could be offensive you might have an issue. However, I have seen asian youth wearing "I see White People" tee shirts as well and i've seen white people wearing i see white people tee-shirts.

Well just in case you get the urge to wear the shirt i kindly did an internet search and found the location you could pick it up at. Happy Holidays

http://www.zazzle.com/kmerri01/produ...56840507025039

Obviously wearing this shirt as a white person at the Million Man March might get you a few bad stares as i doubt a lot of people would see the humor, but anywhere else like for instance jumping in front of cars should be fine.

Also this would be hilarious if a middle aged white guy wore this shirt

http://www.zazzle.com/kmerri01/produ...oductPageRecs2

Would it have been racist if the black youth were wearing this shirt?

http://www.speakupdesigns.com/cgi-bi...shirts/2530178

Hehe although this shirt migh hold some basis in fact if a black youth wore it and happend to be the great great great great decendant of an irish slave owner lol

I'm just pointing how silly you sound over a tee-shirt and your attempt to say it is racist.

Last edited by truthhurts; 12-20-2007 at 07:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland