Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,329 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to the DC area in January and we are looking to buy a small single family home. We saw a few things in New Carrollton, MD that we will be checking out. My real estate age!nt informed me about a huge development that will be going on and will increase our investment over the next several years. We have two small children and we will likely move before they hit middle school (in about 8 years). Is this a wise investment? how is the area overall?

Thanks in Advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 10:22 AM

469 posts, read 549,813 times
What's ur price point for a house? Yes a big development is coming. Don't know the completion date. It's a safe mostly working class area with a mix of blacks and Latino's. Mostly residential, do you know which area you area of new Carrollton you are moving to?

Old 11-09-2015, 10:39 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,569,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
What's ur price point for a house? Yes a big development is coming. Don't know the completion date. It's a safe mostly working class area with a mix of blacks and Latino's. Mostly residential, do you know which area you area of new Carrollton you are moving to?
New Carrollton is definitely one of those places that is up and coming. I'd look for it to blow up just like Hyattsville and College Park. It's a transit node right next to RT. 50 and I-495. There's already a federal and state anchor.

Look for Carrollton Shopping Center to be redeveloped into a town center of mixed-use development. Tons of flat parking strip centers along 450 that are ripe for redevelopment within a mile of the metro station. It may take ten years, but at least the New Carrollton metro developments have kicked off already. The high cost of developing in DC is pushing developers to transit nodes in PG. And the county is finally making it a LOT easier for them to develop in the county. Development should accelerate in the next 5 years if prices in DC remain high.

Case in point. The West Hyattsville metro station is finally getting some developer love.

http://hyattsvillelife.com/developer...tsville-metro/

Old 12-14-2015, 02:03 AM

9 posts, read 9,830 times
Crime in certain areas of New Carrollton is horrendous. Make sure you check that out before you purchase.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:58 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,569,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jegaffney View Post
Crime in certain areas of New Carrollton is horrendous. Make sure you check that out before you purchase.
Your colorful adjectives aren't useful at all. Please be specific. And some factual data points would be helpful too. Other than that, your statement is completely subjective.

Old 12-14-2015, 05:27 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,807,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Your colorful adjectives aren't useful at all. Please be specific. And some factual data points would be helpful too. Other than that, your statement is completely subjective.
its not wrong

Old 01-03-2016, 03:05 PM

22 posts, read 25,491 times
Hi Mr. Biggs,

It depends on many things such as how long you plan to stay, what are you looking for in an area, etc. I am a maryland native and lived just about everyone in Maryland an in NOVA. Inbox me if you like, feel free to pick my brain. Best of luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland