Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 12:28 PM

218 posts, read 547,041 times

Advertisements

Beech tree is expensive right? I'll check that out. I only seen two homes by the builder in Oak Creek craftstar that was inventory and nicely priced. I havent seen any on the MLS that are in foreclosure...hmmmm *runs to realtytrac*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 03:49 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,581 times
^^

Beech Tree has homes in a range of prices; from high $300K to over $600K. I said and/or owned by the bank...don't quote me (smile)! It could have just been for sale by owner.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:45 PM

8 posts, read 66,515 times
Default beechtree and oak creek

Hi,

I posted a couple of months ago. We are still looking in PG and now mainly in oak creek. We live in Fairfax now. Beechtree is a nice community and definitely has a better layout in my opinion (compared to Oak Creek). I also prefer Lake Presidential Golf course over the Oak Creek course. The only issue I have with beechtree is that the community has a lot of elevation changes, which makes for very nice views of the lake, but also means that you have a hard time finding a flat lot with a flat yard. We have decided on Oak Creek for this reason, also Oak Creek now allows you to pick any lot and get any of the builders to build on that lot. As you prob. know, it used to be the case that certain builders owned certain lots. Much better now, find a lot you like and then pick the builder of your choice. I think prices in beechtree are cheaper. NV has stopped selling in beechtree, now they offer Ryan homes in beechtree and NV is available in Oak Creek.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:23 AM

15 posts, read 94,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFinance1 View Post
Our first choice was Mitchell & Best. Absolutely loved the models that we visited but the sales staff at Oak Creek was a bit on the arrogant side and we had to really chase them for pricing information and availability which lost them a sale quite frankly.
You'll need to do your homework to understand the value proposition of these two builders but I think it is worth it.
We just had the same experience with the sales rep at Mitchell and Best. She basically blew us off and then wanted to argue with me about the butler's pantry countertop. We were so turned off by her attitude that we walked out and decided not to consider them. We considered going to see there model in VA and seeing if we could use a sales rep from another location. Not sure if it is a Mitchell and Best issue or just a problem with the sales rep at oak creek.

Now considering NV and Michael Harris Homes. How was negotiating for options and upgrades with either builder?

Old 04-20-2009, 07:06 AM

1 posts, read 4,848 times
My son and his girlfriend are looking to buy in oak creek, md ....what is the culture? Is it diverse? It seems very nice and he loves golf.....

Old 04-20-2009, 08:22 PM

21 posts, read 87,683 times
Consider K&P Builders in the Pine Valley section of Oak Creek - their model is the large stone front colonial on Church Road. K&P is a smaller, local builder out of Bowie, MD...they have been in business for many years and build beautiful homes. Their commitment to quality is evident from the way they conduct their business - they even hire out 3rd party quality inspectors to ensure the homes are built to a high standard, holding the subcontractors responsible for their work, and the owners are pro-active...which is more than most of the other builder's can say. K&P will customize the homes to suit your taste - your options are really quite limitless, as opposed to the other builders. They have a variety of luxury home plans that range from a well designed, spacious rambler with 12' ceilings to larger and sprawling colonials with unlimited features. Their standard features for Oak Creek are 2nd to none... They are my personal choice in Oak Creek.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:40 AM

6 posts, read 18,251 times
I live in Oak Creek and there has been quite a bit of development in the last year. The gates are up, a playground has been built there are plans to have the swim and tennis center built this Summer. Also, the prices are very good. I am a real estate agent and I have been monitoring the foreclosure and short sale rate and so far there are not very many.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:19 AM

15 posts, read 94,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMOM View Post
My son and his girlfriend are looking to buy in oak creek, md ....what is the culture? Is it diverse? It seems very nice and he loves golf.....
I think it depends on whether they are looking for a single family or a townhouse and what they are willing to spend. I think they should go and meet with all of the builders and determine from there what works best for them. Each builder has it's pros and cons, their own incentives and price points. Personally, the times we visited K&P and Mitchell and Best it was not a great experience but that may have just been our experience.

They have built up a lot over the last year. The community is going to continue to be built probably over the next five years if you ask me.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,241 times
Hello. Any updates on Oak Creek? We had a tour of some of the available lots and the mansion a few days ago and it looks nice. The guide said about half the lots have been sold. Like other new developments these days, they are behind the original schedule but slowly making progress. What's it like living there? How much progress with the common areas--pool, clubhouse, etc.-- and how are they? Any information would be much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland