Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 03:46 PM

18,320 posts, read 10,776,934 times

Advertisements

No ,young whites are moving back into DC and Annapolis.People in general are leaving PG county becuase of crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 07:00 PM

159 posts, read 271,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No ,young whites are moving back into DC and Annapolis.People in general are leaving PG county becuase of crime.
Yes because of course all of pg county (a county of nearly 1 million) is a run down low income high crime slum. Sure no one move to PG county the entire county is a ghetto

Old 09-26-2016, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverJD View Post
Yes because of course all of pg county (a county of nearly 1 million) is a run down low income high crime slum. Sure no one move to PG county the entire county is a ghetto
Read my response .I was asked a question and answered it, I said not one word about what it is you are talking about.Never said PG was a whole slum ,you did.Seems you might fear PG more then others.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:39 AM

341 posts, read 426,640 times
Quote:

Wholly untrue. While young people clearly prefer the city, people 35 and up are finding a lot of value for the money in PG county. Go into places like Tantallon and the Harbor and let me know what you see.

A word on crime: when I lived in Alexandria my car was broken into all the time. There's a lot more opportunity thanks to the population density and lack of an inside place to park. I'm white and I've lived in PG now for 3 years and it's great. I have had no issues in PG. None.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:20 AM

I get it you are one of the lucky ones.A question was asked and I answered it,I did not bad mouth PG,I did not call PG a slum ,are there nice parts of PG where whites are living yes,are there parts of PG where crime is not the number one problem yes.yet there are more young whites moving back into DC and Annapolis then are moving into PG and crime is a major reason .

Old 09-26-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Read my response .I was asked a question and answered it, I said not one word about what it is you are talking about.Never said PG was a whole slum ,you did.Seems you might fear PG more then others.
You've already made it crystal clear how you feel about PG county, nothing you say can change that.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatInMD View Post
Ever since I moved into my neighborhood in Bowie (W Section), I've seen quite a few move in, with school age kids. Although I really don't think that's a change in that area of Bowie.
Well the northern older section of Bowie never really experienced white flight, plenty of neighborhoods up there are still predominantly white. South Bowie did particularly around the town center.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverJD View Post
You've already made it crystal clear how you feel about PG county, nothing you say can change that.
No you change it ,not me.Your interpretation of my post is a flat out lie.

SilverJD
quote"
Yes because of course all of pg county (a county of nearly 1 million) is a run down low income high crime slum. Sure no one move to PG county the entire county is a ghetto "

this was all I said................
" No ,young whites are moving back into DC and Annapolis.People in general are leaving PG county becuase of crime."

You sir are a liar.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
No you change it ,not me.Your interpretation of my post is a flat out lie.

SilverJD
quote"
Yes because of course all of pg county (a county of nearly 1 million) is a run down low income high crime slum. Sure no one move to PG county the entire county is a ghetto "

this was all I said................
" No ,young whites are moving back into DC and Annapolis.People in general are leaving PG county becuase of crime."

You sir are a liar.
Well there you have it that's how you feel about PG county I guess crime rates in Woodmore, Brandywine and Bowie are too high for you.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:43 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,822,291 times
Quote:
I get it you are one of the lucky ones.A question was asked and I answered it,I did not bad mouth PG,I did not call PG a slum ,are there nice parts of PG where whites are living yes,are there parts of PG where crime is not the number one problem yes.yet there are more young whites moving back into DC and Annapolis then are moving into PG and crime is a major reason .
You got to know here coming on here and talking ishh about PG is not going get u far. Many posters here like me all support pg county even tho it has its problems. I understand u were answering a question but know we are not tolerating people like u coming here dissing PG for many reasons. just letting u know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland