Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 04:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,365 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a working class or middle class Black community in the state of Maryland to move to, preferably near water. I am a remote worker looking to build a life for myself in Black Maryland, any help or advice given would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2022, 08:23 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,656,080 times
Black Maryland?

Old 06-24-2022, 09:31 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,945,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn_Born Traveler View Post
I am looking for a working class or middle class Black community
in the state of Maryland to move to, preferably near water.
https://baltimorecityparks.com/middle-branch-park/
https://marylandinjuryguys.com/dive-...hill-maryland/

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs...093-story.html

Old 06-26-2022, 12:23 PM

187 posts, read 363,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
You're recommending Cherry Hill, one of the worst neighborhoods in Baltimore?

Old 06-26-2022, 01:17 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,945,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsMass View Post
You're recommending Cherry Hill...?
I'm recommending a working class black community with great access to water.
What the OP asked for ... or do you suppose he really meant Gibson Island?

Old 06-27-2022, 08:54 AM

2,750 posts, read 2,418,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn_Born Traveler View Post
I am looking for a working class or middle class Black community in the state of Maryland to move to, preferably near water. I am a remote worker looking to build a life for myself in Black Maryland, any help or advice given would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Fort Washington, Oxon Hill, Clinton are options close to the Potomac River in Prince George's County. You would also be relatively close to the Chesapeake Bay.
Baltimore City and neighborhoods in Charles or Anne Arundel County is another option but I'm not familiar with specific neighborhoods there.

Old 06-27-2022, 06:24 PM

899 posts, read 540,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
Fort Washington, Oxon Hill, Clinton are options close to the Potomac River in Prince George's County. You would also be relatively close to the Chesapeake Bay.
Baltimore City and neighborhoods in Charles or Anne Arundel County is another option but I'm not familiar with specific neighborhoods there.
Money is likely a factor behind the focus on working or middle class communities. Baltimore would be his best bet and plenty of neighborhoods to pick from. Not aware of any historic black communities on the water in Maryland, but there are historic black neighborhoods scattered across the state.

Given the tone implied by "Black Maryland" I would also suggest Baltimore. DC is rapidly gentrifying and only Anacostia remains a largely black area while the metro black population is increasingly more professional and integrated. Being more insular, Baltimore still has networks of black groups and community organizations and even black nationalists.

Old 06-29-2022, 05:09 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,656,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
He wants "Black Maryland" ,Charles county and Ann Arundel have too many whites for that.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:08 PM

1,204 posts, read 792,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
He wants "Black Maryland" ,Charles county and Ann Arundel have too many whites for that.
Charles County is now plurality black...

Indian Head is the place I was thinking of with majority Black and close to water.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:28 PM

662 posts, read 783,043 times
There aren't black communities in Annapolis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland