Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 09:33 PM

3 posts, read 14,709 times

Advertisements

I am now actively looking for house in Rockville, I highly consider house with good school. I found a house in 20850(zipcode) with good high school Thomas Wootton HS. My real estate agent told me that the house is now assigned to Wootton HS, however, since it's at the edge of school district(some houses not far away are assigned to another high school), it could possibly be re-assigned in the future, he said, no one knows when. Because this is a very important factor for me to buy the house, I would like to know any resource about this school re-assignment news or any information about it.
If you know something about this, please advise. Any links to the relevant information will be great appreciately.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 08:36 PM

150 posts, read 596,102 times
I wouldn't worry too much about changing school zones the schools bordering Wooton are Richard Montgomery (RM), Churchill, Northwest, and Quince Orchard. in 20850 the closest school is RM which is arguably a better school that Wooton. Hope that helps

Old 02-20-2009, 11:04 PM

106 posts, read 442,276 times
In Maryland, Realtors aren't allowed to direct buyers to specific school districts because they have no control over redistricting, so they have to inform buyers that nothing is guaranteed. If you want to see what the county has planned you can go to the MCPS website and see if there are any meetings scheduled to discuss rezoning in the Wooton district . You may also want to contact the PTA. They are usually very up to date on any items concerning rezoning. Unfortunately no one can predict the future but these might give you some ideas if there is anything actively being discussed.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:36 AM

134 posts, read 184,262 times
go to this website to find out more info
Montgomery County Public Schools, Rockville, MD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland