Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 12:05 AM

4 posts, read 21,933 times

Advertisements

I'm asking this question because I live in Fort Washington and I was surprised to see so many post saying the only place to live in PG is Bowie etc. So I just wanted to hear some opnions on the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 01:20 PM

646 posts, read 2,667,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgrl View Post
I'm asking this question because I live in Fort Washington and I was surprised to see so many post saying the only place to live in PG is Bowie etc. So I just wanted to hear some opnions on the subject.
I coul;d see how it was nice once ...a while ago but now with the new Harbor ,nope.The crime was seeping in before now it will come on big time.Tantalon is having a hard time now as it is.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:49 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,397 times
Exclamation Here we go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgrl View Post
Actually, there have been many who have said that Fort Washington is a nice area to live. It has some areas that don't "look" too safe, the northern parts I believe. But it's been included as a nice place in PGC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I coul;d see how it was nice once ...a while ago but now with the new Harbor ,nope.The crime was seeping in before now it will come on big time.Tantalon is having a hard time now as it is.
How and why? Can you back up your statement?

PG is a large county, so, it is not surprising that it's mixed, financially as well as its criminal activity.

Why don't you read up on some "history" about DC and PGC yourself:

Black Middle Class

And while you're at it...check out what Wall Street thinks about PGC:

AAA Rating

Please stop your incessant negative remarks. Make like a tree, and leave. Your hatred and racism are uncalled for, offensive and hurtful.

Last edited by Jaded; 08-11-2008 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: grammar, typo

Old 08-11-2008, 02:52 PM

331 posts, read 1,197,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Actually, there have been many who have said that Fort Washington is a nice area to live. It has some areas that don't "look" too safe, the northern parts I believe. But it's been included as a nice place in PGC.

How and why? Can you back up your statement?

PG is a large county, so, it is not surprising that it's mixed, financially as well as its criminal activity.

Why don't you read up on some "history" about DC and PGC yourself:

Black Middle Class

And while you're at it...check out what Wall Street thinks about PGC:

AAA Rating

Please stop your incessant negative remarks. Make like a tree, and leave. Your hatred and racism is uncalled for, offensive and hurtful.
I could quote you forever!

Old 08-11-2008, 03:29 PM

692 posts, read 1,731,800 times
It's sad that there are so many people obsessed about bad mouthing a county they don't live in and never visit. I live in Fort Washington and when and I enjoy living here. But, Fort Washington covers a lot of ground.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:34 PM

10 posts, read 39,357 times
Which Fort Washington? The new zone or the old Fort Washington.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post

Your hatred and racism are uncalled for, offensive and hurtful.
Find one post I have ever posted that is racist?Find it,you can't but that won't stop someone like yourself from throwing it out there when you have no facts to back up your case.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/local-explorer/prince_georges+crime (broken link)

Use this link and just pull up Ft Washington from Jan 1 to July of this year.

http://pgcrime.info/

Last edited by Giantone; 08-12-2008 at 01:38 AM..

Old 08-12-2008, 05:38 AM

311 posts, read 1,385,704 times
The old Fort Washington is not bad. I know several people who live there and I visit them pretty often. Tantallon, especially is not bad. The thing is, a lot of areas that previously were in Oxon Hill now have Fort Washington zipcodes. Indian Head Highway kind of splits the good part from the bad part. An increase in crime from the Harbor is only speculation at this point. Anyway, the Harbor is set too far away from Fort Washington's residential area to be affected by any "speculated" increase in crime.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom21 View Post
The old Fort Washington is not bad. I know several people who live there and I visit them pretty often. Tantallon, especially is not bad. The thing is, a lot of areas that previously were in Oxon Hill now have Fort Washington zipcodes. Indian Head Highway kind of splits the good part from the bad part. An increase in crime from the Harbor is only speculation at this point. Anyway, the Harbor is set too far away from Fort Washington's residential area to be affected by any "speculated" increase in crime.
If you use the link provided you'll see it's not speculation.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:53 PM

311 posts, read 1,385,704 times
Quote:
If you use the link provided you'll see it's not speculation.
I looked at your links before I posted. They don't support any increase in crime in the harbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland