Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2010, 08:57 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,641,063 times

Advertisements

I was driving in the southbound lane of Canal Road during rush hour before it becomes all northbound between Arizona and Foxhall Road. First of all, the corner of Canal Road & Arizona is a nightmare during rush hour when northbound lanes are trying to merge into one northbound lane or turn onto Arizona and two there is barely any indication that drivers must take a left at Arizona if headed south on Canal Road between the hours of 245 and 715 pm!
A car ahead of me with out of state plates went southward in the one way reversible northward lanes. I kept beeping to warn them to come back but they continued anyway. Hopefully they didn't go far before realizing what they were doing might fatal mistake.
THIS CORNER IS INSANE AND I'M SURE BAD ACCIDENTS HAVE OCCURRED OR IT IS NOT GOING TO BE LONG UNTIL A FATAL HEAD ON COLLISION OCCURS DURING RUSH HOUR BETWEEN A NORTHBOUND AND WRONGFUL SOUTHBOUND CAR BETWEEN FOXHALL ROAD AND ARIZONA ON CANAL ROAD! ITS NOT MARKED AND A PERSON UNFAMILIAR WITH THE AREA COULD EASILY MAKE THAT DEADLY MISTAKE OF GOING STRAIGHT SOUTHWARD ON CANAL ROAD DURING THE BUSY RUSH!!
WHO COULD I CALL TO MAKE A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE SAFETY OF THAT ROAD AND THE LACK OF PREVALENT SIGNAGE AT ARIZONA AVENUE!? I hope nothing did happen after i saw that

Last edited by Midwesterns45; 11-26-2010 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: TITLE SHOULD BE CANAL ROAD INSANITY NOT CANAL STREET
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 10:25 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,214 times
You should contact the District Department of Transportation.

And I agree, it's a ****ing stupid road and they need to 'just' add another lane so that they don't have this lane switching madness.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:22 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,799,414 times
I love Canal Rd. That said, I did see a bad motorcycle accident at that intersection before. It was on a weekend though. I think bigger and clearer signs, or maybe electric signs, are all that is needed. The current signs, with the times on them, are too small and kind of confusing because each sign has a different time on them.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:48 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,214 times
It's a pretty road, but I still think it's a stupid traffic system.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:19 AM

1 posts, read 2,784 times
Hi. If I am going to Georgetown, and I have to turn left in Arizona Ave light, it is that possible at 5:00pm? Thanks!

Old 07-16-2015, 03:38 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,799,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgenTony View Post
Hi. If I am going to Georgetown, and I have to turn left in Arizona Ave light, it is that possible at 5:00pm? Thanks!
I'd love to answer the question, but I need information. You can turn left from Canal Rd onto Arizona, and right from Arizona onto Canal Rd at that time Monday through Friday. If you are forced to turn left onto Arizona then go up the hill and turn right on MacArthur. That will take you to Georgetown. If you're on MacArthur heading to Georgetown, you do not want to use Arizona Ave as you can't turn left onto Canal Rd. I think that covers it. If not, ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC