Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 11:53 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,622,748 times

Advertisements

Once again, these little ANIMALS (yes, I said it) are running loose in the city making life miserable for people who probably pay for their home, food, and education. I brought this up months ago but some people on here seem to just chalk it up to 'kids being kids' and claim they have never witnessed this kind of behavior. I still stand by my claim that the Chinatown station is the worse. I swear this city can't gentifry fast enough. And if the biggest problem you have with this post is my semantics of what to call these kids, then you need to reevaluate your priorities in life.

Children Attack Man In D.C. Metro While Bystanders Watch (VIDEO)

Last edited by jmusmc85; 01-06-2011 at 12:40 PM..

Old 01-06-2011, 12:17 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,716,306 times
Was that you they attacked?

Old 01-06-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahales View Post
Was that you they attacked?
Uhhh...no.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:35 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,459,112 times
Yikes. This city has coddled the problem of juvenile crime for a generation. I was at a community meeting in Shaw where Hildum, the interim director of the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services, spoke. He basically said everything up to 'DYRS is pointless'. The guy was exasperated by the lack of power he is given to actually fight juvenile crime, and the waste in the DYRS program. I don't see this problem getting any better anytime soon.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:40 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,628 times
One reason I'm always armed and dangerous when going out in public. Who knows what could have led up to this, but I have heard of these random flash fight mob attacks on strangers happening throughout the country with these teenagers. When I was growing up, we didn't dare attack an elder, and we played athletics and jump rope for fun. This is what children are doing today for fun?

Ignorant, violent, psychopathic parents are raising a new generation of them to be exactly the same; acting just like animals that belong locked up in a zoo, or thrown out into the wild.

I bet they attacked that man simply because he's white. I'd bet everything on it.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:42 PM

I'm always amazed at the lack of security at these stations. Every now and then I may see a cop, but why can't Metro hire a private security or something? Will it take a innocent person falling on the tracks to finally get their attention? I also remember their was a huge rumble a few months ago at this same station involving at least 50-60 little thugs and nothing was done about it. What's up???

Old 01-06-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
One reason I'm always armed and dangerous when going out in public. Who knows what could have led up to this, but I have heard of these random flash fight mob attacks on strangers happening throughout the country with these teenagers. When I was growing up, we didn't dare attack an elder, and we played athletics and jump rope for fun. This is what children are doing today for fun?

Ignorant, violent, psychopathic parents are raising a new generation of them to be exactly the same; acting just like animals that belong locked up in a zoo, or thrown out into the wild.

I bet they attacked that man simply because he's white. I'd bet everything on it.
I bet he was attacked bc he was white too. But of course, it's totally un-PC to think anybody but white people could possibly be racist. And of course, even thinking in this way is just as bad as assualting a person on the street, right?

Old 01-06-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
I'm always amazed at the lack of security at these stations. Every now and then I may see a cop, but why can't Metro hire a private security or something? Will it take a innocent person falling on the tracks to finally get their attention? I also remember their was a huge rumble a few months ago at this same station involving at least 50-60 little thugs and nothing was done about it. What's up???
I'm wondering the same thing. Where are security? They want to check our bags because we *might* be terrorists? But they're completely and utterly absent and clueless as to provide adequate security at already high-risk stations frequented by delinquent youth like this? These flash fight mobs are the real terrorists. It's a blessing this man wasn't seriously injured or killed by a stabbing or any other frightful and bloody scenario that could have happened. Surely we can't expect security to see everything at all times, but this carried on for far too long and right at the platform level where the main booth is located, with no response.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:49 PM

I also have a question to anybody who might know: Are there cameras on these platforms or any metro stations?

Old 01-06-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
I also have a question to anybody who might know: Are there cameras on these platforms or any metro stations?
Yes, there are cameras. I remember the incident with a man who had a seizure and fell off of the platform onto the tracks and some people helped him up. That was caught on one of the station's security cameras. So they do have them. I often see them around the stations too, inside glass black glass domes. I've also seen them on the metrobus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC