Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2011, 03:31 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,645,101 times

Advertisements

I'm organizing my high school reunion, and the dates I have in mind so far are May 12, 2012 or May 19, 2012 (both Saturdays) for a one-night banquet, and plan B for a weekend-long event, May 11-13 or May 18-20th 2012 just to give you an idea of the time frame I'm working on. I'm an early bloomer.

Right now I'm inquiring about possible venues for this event. Preferably near water and not too far from a hotel and social restaurant scene and a nice waterfront park in case it's a weekend. One of our class trips was an evening dinner and dancing on a restaurant cruise called the Dandy out of Alexandria, and I remember everyone being very satisfied with it at the time. It was pretty nice and sweet with an adult crowd and suitable music.

Does anyone know any great places in DC? It has to include food because I don't want to have to get a separate company to cater the food, and it has to be a place where private banquets are welcome and can serve up to 150 people with plenty of space leftover for dancing, a bar, with a semi-casually sophisticated and quaint atmosphere near the Potomac River, no more than five miles outside of the district proper, and also has adequate and convenient parking; no valet necessary but preferable.

I have some places in mind, but I know many of you on the forum have more experience with more upscale but moderately affordable spots in the area. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC