Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 AM

132 posts, read 355,519 times

Advertisements

Housing shortage remains a problem in DC. And be prepared to pay high rents per square foot for the following top three areas in DC: #1 Mt. Vernon #2 NW, Washington DC & #3 SW Washington DC. For those in past forums who had concerns about venturing to SW, I think this show's that the change has arrived to SW Washington and get ready to dig deep to pay for housing. Read the full article here:

No Vacancy for Class B Apartments in DC

Thoughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 11:21 AM

465 posts, read 928,593 times
The whole appeal of SW is how affordable it is. I can't see prices going up with so few amenities.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:07 PM

22 posts, read 65,868 times
I just moved to SW in May and the building was built in the 1960's (so this would be a "class b"). There was a few studios available and that was it. My guess is that anything above a studio in SW, is gobbled up within a week or two.

There are several apartment buildings that are being built in SW currently and some that in the design stage, waiting to be approved. Some of those buildings are already at or near being filled with move-ins - despite not being done yet. Same with the apartment buildings being built in Near Southeast, near Nats Park. These building would be class a.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:48 PM

132 posts, read 355,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
The whole appeal of SW is how affordable it is. I can't see prices going up with so few amenities.
Well prepare yourself because prices are going up faster than you think. The key phrase here is "Housing Shortage" which means fewer places for people to live in a city with high demand. Basic economics, high demand + few supply = High Prices. People need a place to live and if they have the neighborhood basics: Starbucks, local grocery store, pharmacy, a bar, and (3) metro stations within walking distance you better believe they will flock to buy up what few apartments are available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: