Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 PM

339 posts, read 837,208 times

Advertisements

New Craigslist Map Shows That Most Missed Connections in D.C. Happen on the Metro | InTheCapital

"Washington has the highest percent of ads for “women seeking men” in the country (25%), making it the new ultimate location to move to as a guy."

Yea Riiiight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 PM

465 posts, read 928,669 times
Still way more dudes actively looking than women. There just happens to be more women statistically in the area.

Also:

15 Reasons Why Washington DC Sucks For Guys

edit: Yes, the author is from DC. Yes, I get laid. No, I'm not bitter. Yes, I think the article is more or less spot on despite some exaggeration.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:26 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,998,265 times
We don't yet have a WalMart. What ever happened to the Social Safewy?

Old 02-22-2013, 08:18 AM

513 posts, read 962,126 times
Farragut West metro area at lunchtime during the warm weather has lots hotties in short skirts walking around. If I am trying to get laid, I usually have to approach about 6 to get the job done. Dont give up on DC guys, stay away from the clubs. Look for some hotties at Whole Foods type places. The fact is with the lack hot 20 something white women in DC who are single, the best route to go is Chinese, AA, or Korean.

Stay safe and wear a reinforced condom.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:52 AM

465 posts, read 928,669 times
Quote:
Chinese, AA, or Korean
Americanized? Sure. FOB? No way.

And where are you meeting these huge asian enclaves outside of Northen VA? Most asians I see out in DC are a token in a group of whites.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:32 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,533,476 times
Heh, that map is hilarious. Just about all the southern states' MC's happen in Wal Mart. I suppose Atlanta's horrendous traffic is the only thing that prevents Georgia from joining them.

It only makes sense that most DC MC's happen on the Metro since it's just about the only place where large groups of young professionals converge regularly. NY state has the subway which also makes sense but also shows how much weight NYC has. I really don't understand Indiana though. "At home?"

As far as DC W4M though, 25% is still paltry as hell. The vast majority seem to be black BBW's looking for white guys(sorry ladies, I'm not into the big sistas). Add in the 95% that never include a picture. I've browsed that section on and off for a few years and very rarely have I been intrigued enough by what's written to respond to one of those ads without a picture.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:01 PM

999 posts, read 2,012,104 times
The 20-something demographics of DC are starting to mirror the change of race and ethnicity in the United States. More brown-skin, dark-haired people: Less white people. The greatest growth of the under 30 population is coming from Latinos and Asians in the US. Black population is declining slightly and the younger white population is taking a big drop. The Census Bureau can back me on this.

BTW...dudes should approach women of any race or ethnicity. It's all clicking with the personality, tastes and so on. Targeting someone just based on race is ridiculous.

BTW2...The Asian Fetish thing will not go far, man. If you are a fit, just-out-of-college white guy then you might get away with moves on single Asian women. Just maybe.

But if you are a middle-aged white dude with some thinning gray hairs and a pot belly then the Creeper Radar will be blinking like crazy for 20-something Asian ladies. Or ANY 20-something lady regardless of race for that matter. Nothing grosses out a young chick more then a portly, unattractive 40-something white dude making moves on someone HALF his age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleanexec View Post
Farragut West metro area at lunchtime during the warm weather has lots hotties in short skirts walking around. If I am trying to get laid, I usually have to approach about 6 to get the job done. Dont give up on DC guys, stay away from the clubs. Look for some hotties at Whole Foods type places. The fact is with the lack hot 20 something white women in DC who are single, the best route to go is Chinese, AA, or Korean.

Stay safe and wear a reinforced condom.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:18 PM

115 posts, read 273,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
New Craigslist Map Shows That Most Missed Connections in D.C. Happen on the Metro | InTheCapital

"Washington has the highest percent of ads for “women seeking men” in the country (25%), making it the new ultimate location to move to as a guy."

Yea Riiiight.
Washington state, bro.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:01 PM

161 posts, read 395,133 times
Haha, one of my co-workers met his now fiancee on the metro. I'm not clear on the details but I think they just started chatting... and now they are getting married. So you never know what might happen!

Old 02-26-2013, 07:15 PM

339 posts, read 837,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddoor54 View Post
Haha, one of my co-workers met his now fiancee on the metro. I'm not clear on the details but I think they just started chatting... and now they are getting married. So you never know what might happen!
Wow. That's amazing.

I bet they would have never met if she was GLUED to her iphone.

Take notes DC women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: