Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 08:14 PM

284 posts, read 342,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
Nallia1 you'll be fine. DC is a fun and diverse city/area and increasingly a great place to be young.

The area has changed a lot in just a few years. To the point that some threads people made about the DC area just 2 or 3 years ago don't even apply anymore.
Thanks, Collateral. Reading through the forum, I wondered what disaster I would be walking into. Hearing that things have changed for the better is really reassuring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 10:35 PM

158 posts, read 334,043 times
Nallia, you don't seem to be the type that can be put into the proverbial box, which is what D.C. can definitely use in my humble opinion. As one poster stated, it doesn't quite have the swagger and individuality of the more creative cities in our great nation (I.e. NYC, SF,Etc.), though it has its own unique strengths. With that said, places within the greater metro of DC such as Silver Spring, NOVA and others can offer varying experiences. I know you mention the fact that you are well traveled, but what are your interests and preferences with respect to social settings?

Old 07-12-2013, 08:24 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,446,356 times
you have a nice name. don't expect everyone's experience
to be alike, whether it is positive or negative, but i wish you
happiness regardless.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
you have a nice name. don't expect everyone's experience
to be alike, whether it is positive or negative, but i wish you
happiness regardless.
Thanks, 11KAP. It's a nickname actually I fully understand that experiences are subjective and take that into account when I'm on these boards. I hope things work out on your end as well... I realize that the dating game can be brutal sometimes. Don't lose perspective just yet

Old 07-12-2013, 05:37 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,951,944 times
DC is perhaps the ideal area for a single woman to move. This area has some of the worst looking women in America, the competition bar is set incredibly low.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:26 PM

267 posts, read 581,259 times
You will be fine!!! Meeting men in DC is like jumping into a pool, there is just noway you can miss the water. I mean, it's just everywhere!!! I have thoroughly enjoyed dating here. TONS of successful men to choose from. I have dated about 20 lawyers, a surgeon, and a handful of engineers. I am newly single but have already met someone I am really interested in. So bottom line, have fun!

Old 07-12-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal198 View Post
You will be fine!!! Meeting men in DC is like jumping into a pool, there is just noway you can miss the water. I mean, it's just everywhere!!! I have thoroughly enjoyed dating here. TONS of successful men to choose from. I have dated about 20 lawyers, a surgeon, and a handful of engineers. I am newly single but have already met someone I am really interested in. So bottom line, have fun!
Good on you, Glamgal. I'm a little more circumspect in dating but it's good to hear that there's no shortage of good men in the DC area. I like that pool analogy...don't think I've heard it before.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
DC is perhaps the ideal area for a single woman to move. This area has some of the worst looking women in America, the competition bar is set incredibly low.
Wow, PhenomenalAJ... Unless you look like Colin Farrell, you simply have no justification for going in on women like that. Let's chalk it up to you just not meeting the right ones, shall we?

Old 07-13-2013, 04:15 PM

709 posts, read 1,133,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
You've gotta be kidding. I see lots of talent in DC and the DC area overall. This area also has some of the best looking Hispanic, Middle Eastern, Asian and African women I've seen. DC delivers pretty well in the looks department for women. Especially in the last few years.

I would say your statement was true in 2005 but not today.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:52 PM

Default This thread is becoming uncomfortably hot....

Quote:
Men value love, women love value.

This is nothing new. Both sides just need to accept the shallow nature of the other and move on with life.
I agree, Collateral. Women innately seek a protector...and sometimes that means we gravitate to successful, powerful men. Men, on the other hand, are generally motivated by femininity in their partners (petite, beautiful, homemaker tendencies (such as cooking, having good social graces, etc) ). I respect glamgal's honesty and the fact that she knows she is not perfect. That's hardly a reason to be judged.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:13 PM

720 posts, read 1,558,680 times
Quote:
You've gotta be kidding. I see lots of talent in DC and the DC area overall. This area also has some of the best looking Hispanic, Middle Eastern, Asian and African women I've seen. DC delivers pretty well in the looks department for women. Especially in the last few years.

I would say your statement was true in 2005 but not today.
a lot of those folks who make those ridiculous claims are not interested in minorities. to each his own
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC