Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2013, 09:53 AM

580 posts, read 777,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictSonic View Post
You revealed something that basically dooms you in DC.
1. You are conservative. I will be honest the first question I ask a guy is about his politics and social positions. Being a conservative is a red flag in DC. Most of the women here are not just liberal, but ACTIVELY liberal. I can tell alot from somebody based on their identity as a conservative, they are often sexist, racist, anti-lgbt, theocratic, right wing jerks. Why? Because that is what conservatives are.
2. You admit to judging women for their sexual history. Which again, is coming from your conservatism. It's sexist. You even know it is.

You would not even get past my screen, and you deserve to be without somebody. Why? You are sexist jerk. Conservatives are basically at the top of the no-dating list. If women are judging you for it, it is for good reason. There are plenty of liberal guys in this town with college educations who are worth dating. You do not even deserve a relationship.
Hoping this is my sarcasm meter being busted, otherwise
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 11:03 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictSonic View Post
You revealed something that basically dooms you in DC.
1. You are conservative. I will be honest the first question I ask a guy is about his politics and social positions. Being a conservative is a red flag in DC. Most of the women here are not just liberal, but ACTIVELY liberal. I can tell alot from somebody based on their identity as a conservative, they are often sexist, racist, anti-lgbt, theocratic, right wing jerks. Why? Because that is what conservatives are.
2. You admit to judging women for their sexual history. Which again, is coming from your conservatism. It's sexist. You even know it is.

You would not even get past my screen, and you deserve to be without somebody. Why? You are sexist jerk. Conservatives are basically at the top of the no-dating list. If women are judging you for it, it is for good reason. There are plenty of liberal guys in this town with college educations who are worth dating. You do not even deserve a relationship.
OP, I would take that as a sign of indirect interest

Old 12-16-2013, 12:24 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
what is this, a sex war?

Old 12-16-2013, 08:35 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
As the topic name states, the topic has been beaten to death yet no real results happen, so I shall ask this question once and for all. Where can a single, early 20's male with dual residency in SE and Alexandria meet a single woman in the metro area? I'm not confiding this to just DC but also in Maryland and Virginia.

Some background info about me... I'm in my early 20's, I have a job perhaps not a respectable office job but I do get respectable pay, I have a sports car, basically I have most of my ducks in a row except that I'm not in college (still haven't figured out a "career" i want), and the biggest setback, I'm fugly. My body build is average, perhaps on par with most in the DC area. I'm 5'9 and I rock a buzz cut due to my hair being so straight and thin that it's difficult to work with so no one can give it any style. My skin tone (not that it should matter but it is a factor as to whom likes whom apparently) is neither light tone nor dark tone, but rather in between, with a slight lean to the lighter side, I dress conservative and professional if need be.

Now to set the stage, I don't do illicit drugs (which seems to be a bad quality in the VA suburbs as that's all people there portray themselves to do all day), I don't drink, I don't smoke, I guess I'm practically straight edge. I don't do the bar scene (since I don't drink), I don't like the "club", my past time revolves around modifying cars, and that's pretty much it. Meeting someone at work is out the question since it's a labor job so no females work at my job unless it's the office, and I'm tired of those awkward moments around the metro station where the situation can cross "creepy" in 2.5 seconds if I meet someone there.

So with that said, what options do I have left? I refuse to believe that you can only meet women at the bars or club in DC. I've tried those scenes before.. Gtown, Adams Morgan, 14th St, Etc. but it doesn't feel right, plus most of the time they go there with people they know and aren't interested in something past that night.

All help is appreciated.
So what are your interests? Maybe you could start there. This area has a club for everything you could think of. You don't need the club or bar to meet quality women here. They are everywhere and may share the same interests as you.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:46 AM

458 posts, read 644,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
what is this, a sex war?
Looks like we need to call the Sexicutioner to the rescue!

Old 12-26-2013, 10:45 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,628,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
My advice is to move. You are completely unsuited for the DC area. Women here value intelligence, wit, irony, activism, and men with a good-natured disposition. Bonus points: a keen sense of pop culture, knowledge of current events. Your main problem is that DC women prefer a Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert over a Paul Walker/Vin Diesel.

I would try Texas, Louisiana, Southern California, or Florida.
I'd agree with this. I can't tell you how many hot women I see with nerdy men. I think the hot women are nerds on the inside though which is why they value more of the inner qualities than the outer qualities. I do admit that I think meeting random strangers in DC can be tough unless you're very bold. People tend to look straight when walking and most women don't appear approachable in normal social settings. If you're looking for a real connection stay clear of online dating and focus on events that interest you as you will meet like minded people.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:54 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,628,948 times
Anyone have any feedback on LivingSocial events? I would think cooking classes, wine tastings, and all those other fun events are phenomenal places to meet single women.

Old 12-27-2013, 04:54 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
I'd agree with this. I can't tell you how many hot women I see with nerdy men. I think the hot women are nerds on the inside though which is why they value more of the inner qualities than the outer qualities. I do admit that I think meeting random strangers in DC can be tough unless you're very bold. People tend to look straight when walking and most women don't appear approachable in normal social settings. If you're looking for a real connection stay clear of online dating and focus on events that interest you as you will meet like minded people.
You gotta approach.

Here is the thing if you dont talk because you feel they are unapproachable you will never get anywhere.

Most of the time the worst case scenario is she blows you off, which is the same result you get if you never tried.

Ill be honest with you. It sounds like you are being beta. Im not trying to insult you, but it helps to have an alpha attitude. Be bold.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:39 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times
Not directed at the OP but I can't believe how nobody has called this guy aka the "prancer" out on his BS yet. I am not going to name him cause I don't want to start a fight but I called it since day one, challenged him, and look at him now.. practically begging!

Sorry, I have to laugh!!!!!! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC