Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 11:13 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Sorry brother.

You my manz and em but you can't thread buff. A pro vs con post is individual and nobody should decide what is or isn't exaggerated to another. Perception is based off experiences and not all experiences are alike. There is no measuring stick to personal perception. There is no measuring stick to hurt. The extent of your can't be registered by others. My biases may not be to the extent of your mistreatments.

Also, it's a given that people will come to their own conclusions but again, it will be based solely off of perception.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth~ Marcus Aurelius.
I don't see how telling someone to form their own opinion is ever a bad suggestion. Everyone on this forum is bias including me. Only by experiencing DC for yourself can you get the unfiltered truth.

There is truth to all the posts here. But many people are exaggerating in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 11:53 AM

27,578 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I think we have to take into account personal perspective. There are people that side with your views and experiences just as there are those that side with others.

If someone else comes along and says they agree with Lunatic, you can't charge them with anything but personal experience.
Okay, but I still don't see the point of it. There are plenty of places in the U.S. that I've been to which I personally don't like or find no connection with. But my approach is simply not to talk about those places that much. That's why you'll rarely hear me mention those places.

If someone doesn't like a place, then they should just move on. That seems to be the most reasonable thing to do (to me at least). Not talk about it incessantly on a forum. Doing that is a waste of time and bandwidth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: