Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 10:16 AM

2,044 posts, read 2,961,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
I'm getting tired of people making the ignorant and inaccurate claim that the people of Washington DC are responsible for running the U.S. into the ground. That is complete crap and unless you can provide some kind of solid evidence you should just never say it.
Itn the U.S. into the ground. This includes people are Wall street who happen to be in NYC. The PEOPLE of DC have nothing to do with it. So stop with the lies.
People blame Washington DC for the things that are the responsibility of their elected reps and Wall St. It is the height of American ignorance perpetuated by Fox News. This is not Washington, DC's fault. It is the fault of the idiots you send here, which we bear no responsibility for. If you want to blame congress fine. But don't blame DC for the problems with congress. You are the morons voting for these idiots. Frankly, more of the problems are the fault of business decisions made in board rooms in the US, which frequently wreck the economy.

But generally speaking this is a classic example of how misinformed the American people are, and why people in DC come off as arrogant (is that even I bad thing, I believe it's not). You people are so grossly misinformed, it is not even the least bit funny. Frankly, you do not even know how sovereign debt even works when you have a sovereign currency. It's not like personal debt folks, but most Americans, as dumb as they are think it is. The entire reason the deficit and debt is there is because of political leaders you elected. Not those who work in government. Then again talking to the typical American about economics and policy is like talking to the intellectual equivalent of a four year old. They are really just that dumb on the matter. This was a classic example of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 07:52 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,523,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictSonic View Post
People blame Washington DC for the things that are the responsibility of their elected reps and Wall St. It is the height of American ignorance perpetuated by Fox News. This is not Washington, DC's fault. It is the fault of the idiots you send here, which we bear no responsibility for. If you want to blame congress fine. But don't blame DC for the problems with congress. You are the morons voting for these idiots. Frankly, more of the problems are the fault of business decisions made in board rooms in the US, which frequently wreck the economy.

But generally speaking this is a classic example of how misinformed the American people are, and why people in DC come off as arrogant (is that even I bad thing, I believe it's not). You people are so grossly misinformed, it is not even the least bit funny. Frankly, you do not even know how sovereign debt even works when you have a sovereign currency. It's not like personal debt folks, but most Americans, as dumb as they are think it is. The entire reason the deficit and debt is there is because of political leaders you elected. Not those who work in government. Then again talking to the typical American about economics and policy is like talking to the intellectual equivalent of a four year old. They are really just that dumb on the matter. This was a classic example of that.
Spot on. Couldn't of said it better myself.

Most people are clueless simpletons who have no idea what is going on in the world or how the world works.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:12 PM

7 posts, read 10,194 times
If anyone is still interested/concerned we decided on DC because it's only 3.5 hour drive back to our hometown and we really don't think we would enjoy the housing situations in NYC as much as far as the size and everything. We also are good friends with the CEO of the company we work for so I understand the foreseeable future holds a lot of question marks but I am going to bank on us relocating west in a few years personally

Old 02-14-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeniwea View Post
If anyone is still interested/concerned we decided on DC because it's only 3.5 hour drive back to our hometown and we really don't think we would enjoy the housing situations in NYC as much as far as the size and everything. We also are good friends with the CEO of the company we work for so I understand the foreseeable future holds a lot of question marks but I am going to bank on us relocating west in a few years personally
Good choice. Welcome to DC!

Old 02-14-2016, 09:28 AM

27,578 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeniwea View Post
I'd say you made a good decision. Washington DC is a great city and place to live in.

Also, NYC is only a 4-hour drive away. There are even buses that will take you there for $19. No big deal at all.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I'd say you made a good decision. Washington DC is a great city and place to live in.

Also, NYC is only a 4-hour drive away. There are even buses that will take you there for $19. No big deal at all.
There are buses that will take you to NYC for even less than $19. Just depends on the day of week and time of day you travel.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:23 AM

6 posts, read 4,782 times
I have gone for one dollar. But I find DC a good place to be young.

Old 02-17-2016, 12:38 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,531,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictSonic View Post

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has become a hopeless cynic. I guess I'm just not young anymore.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:52 PM

23 posts, read 29,074 times
You had the luxury of choosing between two good options - good for you!

Old 02-23-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has become a hopeless cynic. I guess I'm just not young anymore.
I'm on the same page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: