Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 05:29 PM

658 posts, read 1,894,319 times

Advertisements

I actually posed this question a few months ago and was given some good links:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/washi...-tastings.html

I had signed up for a italian cooking class, but it was canceled.

I, too, am involved in the techy/research world that seem to be mainly men, but I still listen to metal..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 07:29 PM

46 posts, read 195,475 times
@ Nongreasy Sweatproof

I'm so pleased that you found a proper point d'entrée vis-a-vis the wine-tasting circuit. Furthermore, you came across as genuine in your work interests, your spare time interests, and your desire to meet date-able partners - it's easy to wish you good will.

I genuinely enjoy DC and I sincerely want people who live here to enjoy it too. That's my ulterior motive for posting in this forum. I want to make it as easy as possible, for as many people as possible, to fall in like with DC.

I hope you enjoy the wine-tasting(s) as well as any other cultural events you choose to attend. Since you plan to enjoy some benefit from my advice, wgould you please do me a favor & click the "Rate this post positively" link? Virtuous circles make the world go 'round.

Wishing you good karma & feng shui, etc. from the heart of DC -

~pfish

Old 11-09-2008, 09:56 PM

177 posts, read 456,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NongreasySweatproof View Post
Hey JL2010, I just found a group on Meetup that goes to embassy winetastings. I don't yet know what it's like, obviously, but I added myself to the email list. Do a search on the Meetup site and you'll find it.

To answer your question, my field is pretty techy/mathematical and doesn't attract many women. My office is an island of men in downtown DC -- we men are definitely out there. Best of luck!
Hook a brother up. I have been to only one meetup event and it was pretty good. Young professional folks in a lounge type place in DC. I'm part of some Interracial going out groups on Meetup although I've not attended any of their meetups. I'll check out the embassy wine tasting stuff. I usually stay away from formal events cause I don't own a suite neither do I have the will to go purchase one.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:23 PM

265 posts, read 1,063,845 times
I love to dance (unfortunately, I'm not age-compatible with you) and found the Dance Factory in Arlington to be fun. Not expensive or pressured; friendly. Women LOVE a man who can and will dance--I am serious. Some years back I had a lot of fun going to various dances and dance classes around DC -- including Glen Echo Park (all kinds of dances and classes there, there's a web site), studios, etc. Some of the studios are more high-quality in terms of teaching technique than others (and after all dancing is a sport). However, I would find it frustrating at times because I would meet guys dancing and wouldn't know if they were available or not (at the time I was too shy to ask), unless they were "singles dances," which weren't my bag -- too many drunks and gropers.
If you go to the same dance places for awhile, though, you will see the same people and make friends of both sexes.
Sort of along the same lines, things like hiking clubs (look in the Sports section of the Friday "Weekend" Post), biking (motorcyle or bicycle) clubs, etc., are relaxing ways to have fun. There are many more available women than men in DC... although there's a tendency here to work hard, and long hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC