Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2009, 05:23 PM

3 posts, read 9,465 times

Advertisements

Hi
I have received about 06 tickets for overspeeding through camera, worth 50. I am expecting that I would be receiving the same number of more tickets. Here is what happened with me.

I started my new job in NE DC on January 03, 2009. I pass by Michigan Ave NE every morning between 5 to 6 AM. On Jan 26, I received a ticket that was picured on Jan 06 and was posted to me on Jan 22. Then from Jan 26 to Jan 30, I got another five tickets pictured Jan 7, 9, 11, 13, 16. Now I am expecting that I shall be receiving the same no of more tickets as I have been driving at the same speed throughout the whole month.

Now, I admit that I was making mistakes but more than a thousand dollars of fine is too much for me. Also i received that first ticket when I already would have been fined for about 9 tickets.

I am worried and thinking that if someone can give me soem advice to reduce my fine.

thank you

masoodtariq1@gmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 06:43 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,775,606 times
From what I've heard, you can't contest the number of tickets you get...I guess you need to slow down. You can go online and find the location for the cameras too, so you don't get caught off guard again.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:34 AM

16 posts, read 119,677 times
WOW. I feel for you. I have been there. Once you owe DC a certain amount of tickets (over $500 I think) they will let you pay in installments. Other than that pay attention to the Speed Limit signs. DC must post a yellow sign under the Speed Limit Signs stating that ahead of that sign there might be a speed camera. Whenever I see one of these signs I slow down automatically. Good Luck

Old 02-19-2009, 08:36 AM

Hi
Thank you all for replying my post. I have now received three more tickets and with this I have now 10 tickets worth 800 dollars. I am not sure what to do. Is there any way someone can let me know how can i get rid of it

thank you

Old 02-19-2009, 08:37 AM

Hi
Can someone advise me if i want to go to their office for in person. Do i need to schedule an appointment for that?

Old 02-22-2009, 11:24 PM

26 posts, read 76,591 times
You can go to District of Columbia: Department of Motor Vehicles (http://dmv.dc.gov/main.shtm - broken link) and give them a call. I believe you have to schedule a hearing for your type of ticket.

No offense you really should slow down if you are getting that many tickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC