Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 11:43 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,679,529 times

Advertisements

20th street just had a big widening project, which I think has finished now, and a new park is right there too. Anything in particular you were thinking about, any reason for that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 11:57 AM

48 posts, read 159,022 times
I lived in Everett for a year. I was very unhappy with it across the board and couldn't wait to get out of there. They do have a nice theater and events center and a couple of dog parks, but other than that, Everett has a very working class attitude and there is not much to do. Also, you undoubtedly know that the Northwestern U.S., especially in these upper NW Washington areas, is generally dark, gloomy and wet nine months or more out of the year. Summer is very pleasant and beautiful, but it is important to consider whether or not you would be able to survive the NW climate year-round.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:08 AM

37 posts, read 92,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
20th street just had a big widening project, which I think has finished now, and a new park is right there too. Anything in particular you were thinking about, any reason for that area?
I'm working in Mount Vernon - Paccar. My wife is looking for an architect job. Since there are more jobs in Seattle, we are locating in the middle. Lake Stevens is b/t the two cities and have a good size population. Around 20th Street is newer development and "easier" access to I5.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:25 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,679,529 times
Okay, then I'd also suggest looking at the developments on the west end of Lundeen (although they might be a little low end for you, they are only a few years old), and a little further from I-5 are those off Soper Hill. Neither of those are still building new houses any more though, but there are quite a few for sale. So around 20th is the best place for new. I think there are still a few new housing developments just north of Lynnwood that might also fit the bill, although that would mean a worse commute for you (better for the wife) and you don't have easy access to I-9 to get around traffic problems on I-5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington