Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 12:31 AM

4 posts, read 28,816 times

Advertisements

I moved out here last year and I tell ya this place is about to explode. What w/ the prices in-city it's making folks look a little harder at the out lying areas. A Major study is in progress for the Hiway 2 corridor from Monroe to Index and beyond. Gold Bar is dead center from Seattle and Stevens Pass, actually favoring Stevens by a few miles. Think of that when ya wanna play hooky from work!
At first friends were laughing at me for the move out here. After seeing where i live they are now sort of envious. I commute to Downtown Seattle daily. But, when I get home i have the Skykomish River in my back yard literally. It's a nice sound to fall asleep to and wake up with out of my bedroom window. Beats the drunken losers in Fremont on Saturday nights sounding like wolves w/ fleas howling at the moon all night.

It's nice out here.

Not to mention the amount of stars at night! WOW! The Milky Way looks like a cloud!
Attached Thumbnails
Gold Bar, WA Best kept secret!-gold_bar.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2006, 12:41 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grafikfeat View Post
I moved out here last year and I tell ya this place is about to explode. What w/ the prices in-city it's making folks look a little harder at the out lying areas. A Major study is in progress for the Hiway 2 corridor from Monroe to Index and beyond. Gold Bar is dead center from Seattle and Stevens Pass, actually favoring Stevens by a few miles. Think of that when ya wanna play hooky from work!
At first friends were laughing at me for the move out here. After seeing where i live they are now sort of envious. I commute to Downtown Seattle daily. But, when I get home i have the Skykomish River in my back yard literally. It's a nice sound to fall asleep to and wake up with out of my bedroom window. Beats the drunken losers in Fremont on Saturday nights sounding like wolves w/ fleas howling at the moon all night.

It's nice out here.

Not to mention the amount of stars at night! WOW! The Milky Way looks like a cloud!
Thanks. How long does it take to get to downtown Seattle? What's the weather like?

Old 10-22-2006, 07:04 PM

454 posts, read 906,162 times
From Seattle to Gold bar, rush hour figure on 90 minutes possibly more. From Woodinville to Goldbar it's almost all two lane, you have to drive through downtown Monroe. Can get a bit rough.

Goldbar, startup and Sultan are very nice areas, very rural, good areas if you want country.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:26 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
From Seattle to Gold bar, rush hour figure on 90 minutes possibly more. From Woodinville to Goldbar it's almost all two lane, you have to drive through downtown Monroe. Can get a bit rough.

Goldbar, startup and Sultan are very nice areas, very rural, good areas if you want country.
Whoa, that's a bit of a commute. I did a commute like that for three years in the Bay Area, and half of it was by train, so think I'll pass. But thanks so much for this info!

Old 10-23-2006, 12:43 PM

633 posts, read 2,541,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grafikfeat View Post

It's nice out here.

Thanks for the info. It's beautiful!! Does it snow there?

Old 01-01-2007, 08:11 PM

Exclamation Gold Bar

It snows but goes fast... Most so far was 4-6 inches...

My commute is 70 minutes to Downtown and thats because of the 35 mph speeds in Startup, Sultan and Monroe. It really is not bad. It'll only get better as they work out the Hiway 2 issues.

I'm going to look into why Hiway 2 is not an interstate. Get ssome Fed Money out here.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:27 PM

331 posts, read 2,109,820 times
Hey grafikfeat ... I love Gold Bar but was told there are a lot of problems with Meth in that area because it is fairly rural.

Is that true?

Old 01-29-2007, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 8,945 times
Question Interested

Greetings. I'm an east coast guy who's being courted by an aerospace company in Lynnwood. My online research suggests that the housing prices are a little steep in Lynnwood, so I've shifted my attention eastward.

How long would you say the communte is from Gold Bar to Lynnwood? And how available is housing in that area?

- Patrick

Old 02-07-2007, 02:19 PM

With the new interest in the area Meth problems are down... I've not seen any meth heads...

The commute to Lynnwood is about 30 minutes due to speed limits not distance.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 16,505 times
I have visited Gold Bar and have friends in the area of Index and Snohomish. I am interestested in living in Gold Bar. Are there any apartments there. Is there work for a LPN there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington