Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 AM

141 posts, read 401,121 times

Advertisements

I am moving in from out of state and most apartments I'm seeing require you to pay your own metered water bill (which includes trash service). How much does this usually run? We will be 1 adult and 2 kids with no lawn care or anything like that. I'm trying to budget accordingly and any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 02:21 PM

129 posts, read 352,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friggsdottir View Post
I am moving in from out of state and most apartments I'm seeing require you to pay your own metered water bill (which includes trash service). How much does this usually run? We will be 1 adult and 2 kids with no lawn care or anything like that. I'm trying to budget accordingly and any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
What city? I have a 0 water bill, but it did cost me a little bit to put in a well.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:02 PM

103 posts, read 783,461 times
For me water $15 a month which includes Lot's of showers,washing clothes and vehicles.
Garbage $20 a month which includes a recycling can and picked up weekly.Price also depends on the size of can.
All are billed every 2 months.
Prices vary depending on which county and what city.Even within one area you have different water companies and different trash pickup companies.
Paying for water in an apartment setup doesn't sound right.Also apartments have dumpsters.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:16 PM

271 posts, read 1,236,623 times
Some cities charge almost a $100 per month even if you don't use it, they use the water bill to charge for other city services.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:11 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,147,605 times
You really need to tell us where you want to live, it varies greatly. Mine runs about $35 a month for a big house with 3 people and lawn on the eastside, but in Seattle the average city bill is about $88/month for water and sewer.
In apartments, if the owner pays the city bill and has metered the apartments individually, he can charge whatever he wants, and
some do. Others will divide the city bill among the tenants every month
and if some residents use more water than others you pay for it. There are even companies that handle utility billing for landlords for a fee which is added to your bill.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:20 AM

141 posts, read 401,121 times
Thanks for the responses. I'm looking to relocate to the Vancouver area. I really don't like the fact that so many apartments in that area do not include water/garbage with the rent. I've never seen that anywhere else before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington