Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
...Keep your politics and religion. Diversity is good.
Diversity is good among educated, informed, and forward thinking free citizens.

Diversity among ignorant, uninformed, or brainwashed citizens leads to chaos, fear, and stagnation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 10:20 AM

58 posts, read 76,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstric View Post
Hi! We are Texans and are considering a move to PA, WA. We are Christians and are ultra Conservative. We still say the Pledge of Allegiance and have prayer time at schools around here. Traditionally we vote Republican and that is my whole county and State. I am just wondering if Port Angeles would be a culture shock for us?

Thanks in advance for any info!!
We drove through Port Angeles and Sequim, and that hippie haven, Port Townsend. I cannot believe the number of tree-hugging communists we encountered. Dreadful.

We strand for the Pledge of Allegiance before every meal, and say the Lord's Prayer to honor Donald Trump, even in restaurants. People had the Nerve to LOOK at us when we did this. Just shows how disrespectful these tree-huggers are, as if we are weird. My son holds an American Flag while my daughter holds up a large poster of Donald Trump and Mike Pence. We always wear our Make America Great caps so that other True Americans can identify with us, and because it outrages liberals, who are NOT real patriots like us.

I will NEVER set foot in a place with so many Democrats again. We were nauseated by the lack of patriotism and Christian symbols. We longed for our Alabama Home and all of it's American Values.

This is a warning, if you are in Washington, around the Olympic Peninsula, don't get out of the car!

Old 05-31-2018, 10:43 AM

436 posts, read 570,585 times
As a liberal thinking of moving to the Port Angeles area and reading this thread.....I now have absolutely no idea what to think of the politics in that area.

Anybody in Port Angeles/Sequim have anything relevant AND recent to add about the politics there?

Old 05-31-2018, 02:41 PM
mev

154 posts, read 295,765 times
Having lived in Port Angeles recently for about 12 years, Port Angeles is about 50/50 Liberal/Conservative. Sequim is a bit more Conservative. Most of us up here on the Peninsula, though, have common sense and recognize the phony "Pence/Trump being Christian" claim.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:29 PM

6,224 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Diversity is good among educated, informed, and forward thinking free citizens.

Diversity among ignorant, uninformed, or brainwashed citizens leads to chaos, fear, and stagnation.

Could you please explain the above?

Is your first sentence a progressive approach and the second a redneck view of non liberals?

Just curious...

Old 06-01-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon_foonman View Post
We drove through Port Angeles and Sequim, and that hippie haven, Port Townsend. I cannot believe the number of tree-hugging communists we encountered. Dreadful.

We strand for the Pledge of Allegiance before every meal, and say the Lord's Prayer to honor Donald Trump, even in restaurants. People had the Nerve to LOOK at us when we did this. Just shows how disrespectful these tree-huggers are, as if we are weird. My son holds an American Flag while my daughter holds up a large poster of Donald Trump and Mike Pence. We always wear our Make America Great caps so that other True Americans can identify with us, and because it outrages liberals, who are NOT real patriots like us.

I will NEVER set foot in a place with so many Democrats again. We were nauseated by the lack of patriotism and Christian symbols. We longed for our Alabama Home and all of it's American Values.

This is a warning, if you are in Washington, around the Olympic Peninsula, don't get out of the car!

Wow...just wow...I would feel more uncomfortable getting out of a car in Alabama then Sequim or PA.

Sequim and Port Angles (Clallam county) supported Trump and was one of few Western Washington counties that did, so your notion that there are a lot of democrats here in Clallam is false. And being a fiscal Conservative I too would think someone who stands and sites the Pledge before eating at a restaurant kind of strange.

Also wearing a Make American Great cap and waving a picture of Trump/Pence around doesn't make you a patriot. I would suggest you stay in KKK country and continue to wave your flag and keep voting for nutcases like Roy Moore.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mev View Post
Having lived in Port Angeles recently for about 12 years, Port Angeles is about 50/50 Liberal/Conservative. Sequim is a bit more Conservative. Most of us up here on the Peninsula, though, have common sense and recognize the phony "Pence/Trump being Christian" claim.

Interesting....Why do you make that claim 'that most of us..'.? Personally I could care less if Trump is a Christian or not and I am pretty sure he was elected to run the country and not for his faith.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:40 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leon_foonman View Post

Happy trails!!!

Old 06-02-2018, 10:54 AM
mev

154 posts, read 295,765 times
Rantiquity, I was responding to the OP regarding the lack of "Christian" symbols on the Peninsula. And the equation that patriots/Christians =Trump/Pence. I really "COULDN'T" care less.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mev View Post
Rantiquity, I was responding to the OP regarding the lack of "Christian" symbols on the Peninsula. And the equation that patriots/Christians =Trump/Pence. I really "COULDN'T" care less.

Well 'Mev' I and a lot of other on the Olympic Peninsula took offend to your post...and what does displaying Christian symbols have to do with anything....Just because people here don't display their religion like they do in other parts of the country doesn't make them any less religious. The fact is in Sequim there seems to be a church on every other corner. And I can guarantee you we get Christian crusaders at our door almost weekly.
And to finish this post, the OP wasn't about the lack of Christian symbols it was whether PA was Conservative or liberal. Which in my opinion is about 51/49.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington