Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:22 PM

3 posts, read 7,553 times

Advertisements

Try Olympia. Many homes under 350k in the city limits. Oly High, WA Middle School, and either Centennial or Margaret McKenney Elementary. www.osd.wednet.edu has the report cards.

Houses in this area can be found under 350,000 and approx 2000 sq ft.

Diverse and I've lived here 13 years, raising children. Also; 2 Hospitals in town along with numerous health care facilities. DHSH and many state agencies located in area - Olympia is State Capital
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 12:34 AM

86 posts, read 341,349 times
i would say to look in federal way/kent/lakeland hills/bonney lake/south hill area.

great schools, close to water, close enough to seattle, and plenty of multi-racial people. mainly in federal way/kent.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:39 AM

2 posts, read 4,180 times
Default To: Henrysmom

To Henrysmom In calif its hot sunny most of year! Just to warn u olympia rains all the time when its not raining its overcloud I live in Tri-citys and when I moved to Chehalis which is right under Olympia I got depression instantly cuz the overcloud and rain. If u like ca sun Olympia,seattle area would not be place to live. In the Tri-Citys its hot in the summer and this past winter it snowed probably 4-7 days spread apart seemed like the snow stayed for like 3-4 days then it was gone. It hardly rains. In the summer theres public pools kids to swim at there parks and receration for kids to do softball,baseball u name it in the summer. It's called Tri-Citys cuz PASCO,KENNEWICK,RICHLAND and if u want pay that much for a house u would be living in real good neighborhood. I like Richland cuz I think the schools are better. We also have the Columbia River where u can boat,fish,jet ski,ski. The traffic here is med-high traffic depending on the highway and what time it is but minimal compared to California. U can get to all three citys 8-10min. U can even look up Chamber of Commerce and they will send u info about here there use to be a chamber of commerce in Pasco not sure if it's still there. I would google it if theres any more I can help u with email me at [EMAIL="trishabuck@hotmail.com"]trishabuck@hotmail.com[/EMAIL] Hope u find what u are looking for! We are like 4 hours from Seattle and 2 hours from Spokane.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:53 AM

2 posts, read 4,180 times
To Henrysmom In calif its hot sunny most of year! Just to warn u olympia rains all the time when its not raining its overcloud I live in Tri-citys and when I moved to Chehalis which is right under Olympia I got depression instantly cuz the overcloud and rain. If u like ca sun Olympia,seattle area would not be place to live. In the Tri-Citys its hot in the summer and this past winter it snowed probably 4-7 days spread apart seemed like the snow stayed for like 3-4 days then it was gone. It hardly rains. In the summer theres public pools kids to swim at there parks and receration for kids to do softball,baseball u name it in the summer. It's called Tri-Citys cuz PASCO,KENNEWICK,RICHLAND and if u want pay that much for a house u would be living in real good neighborhood. I like Richland cuz I think the schools are better. We also have the Columbia River where u can boat,fish,jet ski,ski. The traffic here is med-high traffic depending on the highway and what time it is but minimal compared to California. U can get to all three citys 8-10min. U can even look up Chamber of Commerce and they will send u info about here there use to be a chamber of commerce in Pasco not sure if it's still there. I would google it if theres any more I can help u with email me at [EMAIL="trishabuck@hotmail.com"]trishabuck@hotmail.com[/EMAIL] Hope u find what u are looking for! We are like 4 hours from Seattle and 2 hours from Spokane.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,419 times
Default Can you help us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
Spokane has plenty of lakes and rivers and very affordable housing. You can buy a nice house here for $350,000. There are universities, too, EWU, Gonzaga, Whitworth and WSU has a Spokane campus. I think you'll find that people in Spokane are very welcoming and friendly. Diversity is welcome and appreciated here. Great public schools system. I have worked with many people relocating from So. Cal and other parts of CA who are attracted to our housing prices, easy traffic, outdoor activities, great restaurants and shopping. Check it out!
Wendy K,

My family is also moving to Washington in dec or jan. My aunt and grandmother, moved to spokhane in Feb, and I'm going nuts without them. So, we are venturing to the great state of washington. This is the thing, I have dogs, and looking on craigslist, and other sites, most washington people seem to be very against two of the dogs we own. How can I get around that or how can I find someone to rent to us... Can you help..

Thanks so much!

mod interpose: syenna, please contact WendyK by Direct Message for specific assistance. --'r,

Last edited by scirocco22; 10-03-2010 at 01:02 PM..

Old 06-14-2011, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,200 times
If you are looking for the Seattle area, Renton is close. As for Universities, it is within 30 minutes of the U.W. Housing is in the $250 - $350 range. I would suggest the fairwood area or even into the city of Kent. Renton is also about 20 minutes from Seatac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington