Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2007, 12:44 PM

70 posts, read 295,845 times

Advertisements

My question is which parts of Bremerton should I avoid? I am moving from one high crime area and would hate to move into another. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 08:49 PM

6 posts, read 35,598 times
Bremerton does not have a high rate of crime. Bremerton does not have very many parts either. You could drive through town in 30 minutes. Come on now, what have you heard?

Give it up....

Old 01-22-2008, 11:15 PM

16 posts, read 55,379 times
if you search the net its still list Bremerton as having the highest crime rate in Washington state even though that is no longer the case...I have fell in love with a near Waterfront home in east Bremerton near Illahee dock..fortunately the owner is a friend and I have been trying for 6 months to get him to sell me the house...The view is breathtaking...Bainbridge Island to the east-Port orchard bay across the street,Ferry traffic to the south,Rainier mountain,pebble beach across the street just unbelievable....the crime rate in this part of Bremerton is among the lowest in Washington State but if you believe what you read on the net you will never even consider living there,,,our only other choice is West Seattle (ALKI beach) or bainbridge Is....the crime in west seattle is higher than this part of Bremerton as Bainbridge Is actually had more property crimes than that part of Bremerton last year....good luck either way....West Bremerton is another story stay away from the shipyard area for at least another 2 years or so until they drive the meth heads out to another part of Washington....

Old 01-24-2008, 10:35 PM

6 posts, read 32,084 times
In the last year and a half, we have visited a young couple in Bremerton several times. The wife is sick and really not capable of raising her children (7 and 9) by herself. In our opinion, the husband (stepfather) is an idiot, totally consumed with himself. To make a long story short, after spending hours on the computer, talking to schools, police, relators etc. I recommend you do the same. I found there were too many child molesters near their pretty house by the water and hubby just blew it off. The school was not rated very high and the kids had a school year in hell. Just because the schools are in the same district, it doesn't mean they are all good. After this couple finally moved to a different area, we can all breathe better now. Their address is still Bremerton but they are south of where they were before, which actually was right by the water, in an older neighborhood of nice looking homes and very quiet. Looks can be deceiving! Continue asking questions and keep digging for information. I would recommend....children or not....make the quality of the schools your first starting point and then look for housing and jobs around those areas. One thing we did like about Bremerton was that it was very easy to find businesses and traffic didn't seem to be too bad. After a couple of days and some notes in a little tablet, I could find my way around the area pretty well.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:22 AM

91 posts, read 372,514 times
Manette area (east Bremerton) thumbs up
Illahee Area (east Bremerton) thumbs up
everywhere else look very carefully--dig very deep and when everything looks okay-start over with your search

Old 01-25-2008, 09:56 AM

534 posts, read 3,111,620 times
If you're coming from the Bronx I doubt any place in Bremerton will be that bad.

Although it is the worse crime area on the peninsula, it makes bad parts of Tacoma look nice.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:37 PM

34 posts, read 117,825 times
i guess the question we should all be asking before we give you advice is why bremerton? how did you hear of bremerton and what interested you? washington has a hundred different cities all unique and with their own 'edge' of appeal. so maybe instead of focusing on this one area, we could help you focus on what city would match your lifestyle the best?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington