Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 09:37 AM

467 posts, read 1,045,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlB328 View Post
This should be interesting. Unfortunately our voting process will undoubtedly be corrupted by masses of money from the rest of the country. They say the last gun control vote in Washington failed, I hope this one will be more successful. If nothing else, it could decrease our population slightly if enough gun devotees get offended.

Gun campaigns prep for costly battle ahead of November vote | Local News | The Seattle Times
Offended? No.

Actually, the angst my guns causes people like you gives me more satisfaction than shooting them ever could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 10:26 AM

611 posts, read 1,205,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
If my government wasn't breaking the rules of its own Constitution and infringing upon the rights of citizens, for example, performing illegal wiretapping of phones, intercepting of emails, monitoring people's internet usage and phone messages, then I can trust Big Brother a little more with his global registration schemes. But, governments will inherently always try to infringe upon its citizens, it's just the nature of the human species, hence why our Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution and a Bill of Rights to protect us from the tyranny that we suffered from such vile and authoritarian regimes. Just remember how we had a gruesome and bloody war against the British Empire. Where there is power, there will be abuse. Sorry, I know giving people freedom has its downside, but in the end, powerful governments have massacred many many many times more than a nation of well-armed citizens with a large amount of personal freedoms. My ancestors were forced to dig their own graves in Belarus, during WWII. The Nazi soldiers, who all legally own firearms shot dead women and children, babies crying in their mothers arms.. Sadly, because my ancestors were Jews, the tyrannical Communist government and the previous tyrannical Tsarist government would not allow JEws to own firearms to defend themselves. We were just helpless sheep for the slaughter!

Let me quote Heinrich Himmler, one of the leaders of the Nazi Party:

Basically, the Nazis were supportive of weakening the populace to protect them from themselves. But , in reality, it is the governments who commit the greatest atrocities against its own people.

Hitler had at least 20,000,000 people (including 6,000,000 Jews) massacred during his reign.. Half of that number , and probably more, were innocent civilans rounded up and put in death camps.

Stalin contributed to possibly the deaths of 60,000,000. He had 8,000,000 people in Ukraine massacred by forcing them to starve to death. These were unarmed, helpless civilians who had no means to fight against the government oppression, instead they just helplessly were sent to the graves.

Mao Zedung also contributed to the deaths of tens of millions of innocent Chinese people..

These tyrants all had one thing in common, they restricted gun ownership of their populace.. They also were well-armed and had ultimate authority over their subjects. All the mass shootings in American history is not even a fraction of those massacred in one day by many of these tyrants. Sorry, the media does a great job of trying to dramatize and strike terror into the weak, brainwashed subjects. Indeed, the media learned much of its tactics from Nazi propagandists. Joseph P. Goebbels legacy lives on!

The bottom line:
Enforce Government Control, Not Gun Control
Thank you for your post. I would have repped you but apparently I have to spread it around more. Clearly, when one looks back at history, there is reason for concern when government tries to limit citizens' right to own a firearm. In theory, I am not against background checks, but distrust our government and consider this just one more step toward complete revocation of these rights. I hope this vote is a repeat of the last one in the late 90's. I'm only sorry that I have since moved out of state and will not be voting.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:15 PM

268 posts, read 366,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Wow i love you guys , i wish more people in NJ were so upbeat and supported our rights. We fight tooth and nail here to barely hang on, this is and never was about saving people, its about CONTROL .
Think smart people , we need politician control
The voters in Washington are mostly in control of the state politicians. (Our Congressional representatives have been mostly bought out, but that's a different matter.) If the voters want something changed or if some controversial matter arises, we tell our state legislators to let us vote about the issue. The end result is somewhere between the ultimate society versus the inmates running the asylum.

Some Canadians are jealous of us: "I want gay people to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns." - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Old 03-24-2014, 03:03 PM

615 posts, read 1,075,763 times
Quote:
If you hate freedom, move to California or Connecticut

I feel more free not being surrounded by people with arsenals. If you need that to feel secure then something's wrong.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:09 PM

615 posts, read 1,075,763 times
Quote:
It's time decisions were made scientifically, not emotionally.
That is so ironic- considering how over the top emotional almost all pro-gun people are- BIG GUBMINT COMMUNISTS ARE COMING TO GET US OH NO!

Old 03-24-2014, 08:31 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times
Quote:
[LEFT]
I feel more free not being surrounded by people with arsenals. If you need that to feel secure then something's wrong.
[/LEFT]
I feel much more secure being around well armed, law-abiding citizens than well-armed crooked and corrupt politicians. Considering my unarmed ancestors were massacred by heavily armed government officials I have learned that the government is less trustworthy with firearms than the populace.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:57 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,077,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
I feel much more secure being around well armed, law-abiding citizens than well-armed crooked and corrupt politicians. Considering my unarmed ancestors were massacred by heavily armed government officials I have learned that the government is less trustworthy with firearms than the populace.
If the government wants to get you, they're going to get you. Osama was well armed, and I think it's fairly obvious that no matter how well armed Snowden might or could have been, if he'd stayed in the US there's little doubt he'd have been arrested and probably executed.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:22 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
Quote:
That is so ironic- considering how over the top emotional almost all pro-gun people are- BIG GUBMINT COMMUNISTS ARE COMING TO GET US OH NO!
OK, remember that the next time liberals express outrage at NSA spying.

BTW , last year big government liberals from Seattle did indeed try to "get us" in senate bill 5737:
Mistake in gun bill could defeat the effort | Local News | The Seattle Times
which would have allowed law enforcement to enter people's homes without a warrant to inspect for "assault weapons". Only after the outrage that the bill stirred up, did the backers of the bill call it a mistake.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:37 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,272,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarch View Post
If the government wants to get you, they're going to get you. Osama was well armed, and I think it's fairly obvious that no matter how well armed Snowden might or could have been, if he'd stayed in the US there's little doubt he'd have been arrested and probably executed.
I've read this type of comment by liberals many times. I can't say that I completely disagree as to whether or not the government actually could or could not be over-thrown, but just the fact that liberals are so quick to say "well, we can't stop the government, I guess we just better give in" is pretty scary to me.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:09 AM

5,075 posts, read 11,077,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
I've read this type of comment by liberals many times. I can't say that I completely disagree as to whether or not the government actually could or could not be over-thrown, but just the fact that liberals are so quick to say "well, we can't stop the government, I guess we just better give in" is pretty scary to me.
That's not it at all. It's that 'fighting the government' using over the counter weapons, even if you manage to pull together a decent militia, has a very low probability of success. That's reality, hiding from it might make you feel safer or more powerful but that's all you're doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington