Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2014, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 3,378 times

Advertisements

Hello there:

We are moving from the Boston region due to a job change, and would like to know nice family-friendly areas near Everett. We have a 4 year old kid, and would like to live near good schools. Although we like to purchase a house, as of now we want to stay in an apartment. Any input on neighborhoods such as Mukilteo, Kirkland, etc. are welcome. My work is based in Everett, however I might travel once or twice (in a month) to Olympia! I have read Everett Blogs on City Data, and have mixed feelings about the area. Also, would like to know the commute [8 AM -5 PM job] from regions such as Mukilteo, Kirkland, Bellvue [if we end up moving there] to Everett Medical Center. Not into bar scene but looking for family-friendly neighborhoods! Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 11:38 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Everett 98208.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:01 AM

403 posts, read 681,533 times
The north Everett area from about 21st St northward, west of Broadway, has some very nice older homes with a lot of families throughout. Especially around Grand Ave to about Oakes. Maybe consider Marysville as well. Our family used to live around 21st and Oakes, as well as in the east part of Marysville, just about Cedarcrest Golf Course. We haven't lived there since 2012, but certainly miss the area. I would love to have one of the historic homes up in the north Colby/Hoyt/Rucker area. Legion Memorial Park is very close by and a great place for kids to play. Forest Park, south of the downtown Everett area is another very nice park with an indoor public pool, and lots of wooded outdoor play areas and a playground.

Moderator cut: cross-posting is not allowed

Last edited by Count David; 08-28-2014 at 01:05 PM..

Old 08-28-2014, 03:13 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,367,466 times
You should also look at Lake Stevens and Monroe, both of which have very good schools (according to GreatSchools.org).

Old 08-29-2014, 01:24 PM

403 posts, read 681,533 times
My apologies for recommending the cross-posting; have to review the rules again. Just trying to capture a subset of people that may not be on this board.

Lake Stevens is a good suggestion as long as you keep the trestle crossing part of the commute in mind. That can be a real bear, especially on Fridays. Monroe is a nice area, but I'm not sure I'd want to live there in the summer. Hwy 2 traffic through there is nasty all weekend long. Again, just things to keep in mind and depending on what you're willing to put up with. Compared to where I live now, I'd love to live in either of those places.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,378 times
Thanks to all of you for wonderful suggestions. We are still working on googling [not sure if this is a word] these places you have suggested. Will keep you posted on the developments!

Old 08-29-2014, 06:11 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,393 times
Mukilteo, Mill Creek, Edmonds and Lynnwood are very popular with Boeing employees in Everett. I live in Mill Creek and love it - nice community and great schools. If you're really going to have to go down to Olympia a couple of times a month, I wouldn't move north of Everett. And stay out of Lake Stevens and Monroe altogether, as they are served by roads in/out of Everett that are still too small for the number of people who've moved there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington