Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2014, 04:00 AM

1 posts, read 911 times

Advertisements

My apartment complex is huge there is well over 70 units. I would say about half have pets either dog or cat. The place is a very dog friendly. They do require an extra 15 a month for a dog. Now I currently have a dog that's older 7yrs. It was no issue and they know we have a dog everything is square. We've lived here for now 2 years. Always on time with payments and what not. No issues. And in 3 1/2 weeks we will be living in our own house that we just bought. So we are in the process of moving.

So a few days ago I found a pup that was healthy, but in a trash can at work. I brought it home for the night and then took it to the vet the next day. Everything is fine and the dog is maybe 10-12 weeks old. The thing is I worry about having the dog in the apartment because our lease was clear that we had to notify them of any dogs on the property. So right now the dog is at my friends, but she can't keep her for much longer. I don't want to give her up. I want to notify them about her and hope they are cool with it given that we won't be here much longer. At the same time if they say no I will have her here anyways so that too could be an issue. If I just keep her here short term and don't ask I have some deniable plausibility. They are already going to keep our deposit anyways since we are breaking our current lease (this is common for them since they have a high military population). I've considered boarding her until we move, but that is really expensive. I don't think we could afford to board her for 3 weeks. It would cost some 400-500 dollars.

So I'm left wondering what to do about this. I think hiding her wouldn't be hard since I'm home for the next 3 weeks on vacation. We already have a dog so any barking could easily be played off as our dog. we already have to crate our dog when repairmen come (required) so it isn't like they would notice if I shut the door to the room they are crated in. I would be here anyways. On the other hand they might not even give a **** at all. I could easily afford to pay an extra 15 for her, for the month. What would you do? Aside from giving up the dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 09:10 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
Why are you even thinking about this?

You're in the process of moving.

Move.

Congratulations on your new puppy.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:07 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
Good answer, Fat Freddy!

Old 12-27-2014, 05:23 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,253,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghart View Post
My apartment complex is huge there is well over 70 units. I would say about half have pets either dog or cat. The place is a very dog friendly. They do require an extra 15 a month for a dog. Now I currently have a dog that's older 7yrs. It was no issue and they know we have a dog everything is square. We've lived here for now 2 years. Always on time with payments and what not. No issues. And in 3 1/2 weeks we will be living in our own house that we just bought. So we are in the process of moving.

So a few days ago I found a pup that was healthy, but in a trash can at work. I brought it home for the night and then took it to the vet the next day. Everything is fine and the dog is maybe 10-12 weeks old. The thing is I worry about having the dog in the apartment because our lease was clear that we had to notify them of any dogs on the property. So right now the dog is at my friends, but she can't keep her for much longer. I don't want to give her up. I want to notify them about her and hope they are cool with it given that we won't be here much longer. At the same time if they say no I will have her here anyways so that too could be an issue. If I just keep her here short term and don't ask I have some deniable plausibility. They are already going to keep our deposit anyways since we are breaking our current lease (this is common for them since they have a high military population). I've considered boarding her until we move, but that is really expensive. I don't think we could afford to board her for 3 weeks. It would cost some 400-500 dollars.

So I'm left wondering what to do about this. I think hiding her wouldn't be hard since I'm home for the next 3 weeks on vacation. We already have a dog so any barking could easily be played off as our dog. we already have to crate our dog when repairmen come (required) so it isn't like they would notice if I shut the door to the room they are crated in. I would be here anyways. On the other hand they might not even give a **** at all. I could easily afford to pay an extra 15 for her, for the month. What would you do? Aside from giving up the dog.
Don't keep and tell.

Keep the pup. In your apartment. She needs to be in your loving home instead of a stressful boarding kennel. What can they do to you if/when they find out? Evict you? You are already leaving. In less than a month. So technically you aren't even gypping them the $15. But if you feel badly about that you could always send them the prorated amount after you're gone.

If you are worried crate that pup in your car when the repairmen come...a great training opportunity to get her used to being comfy in a car.

Thank you for saving that fur baby. Enjoy your new house.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:40 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
And I will second that emotion. I'm thinking our next dog needs ta be a rescue baby.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:15 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghart View Post
......... We already have a dog so any barking could easily be played off as our dog. we already have to crate our dog when repairmen come (required) so it isn't like they would notice if I shut the door to the room they are crated in.........
Do you plan to let the pup poop on the carpet? Management won't see her the many times a day that you have her outside potty training her?

Let management know, pay your extra $15 a month for her.

I don't see anything about your trying to locate her owner. You said she was in good condition when you found her. How do you know she wasn't some child's beloved pet who escaped? Just because you find something that doesn't automatically give you title to it. Not every loose dog is homeless.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:31 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
...Not every loose dog is homeless.
However, puppies found in trash cans usually are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington