Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 11:55 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,737,856 times

Advertisements

https://mynorthwest.com/1779318/rant...virus-gun-ban/

Just lovely. In times where we are experiencing food and supply shortages, job losses, an releasing "non violent" offenders from prison, the city of Bellingham is going to bad gun possession?

5. An order requiring the discontinuance of the sale, distribution, or giving away of firearms and/or ammunition for firearms in any or all parts of the city;

7. An order requiring the closure of any or all business establishments where firearms and/or ammunition for firearms are sold or otherwise dispensed; provided, that with respect to those business establishments which are not primarily devoted to the sale of firearms and/or ammunition and in which such firearms and/or ammunition may be removed or made secure from possible seizure by the public, the portions thereof utilized for sale of items other than firearms and ammunition may, in the discretion of the mayor, be allowed to remain open;

9. An order prohibiting the carrying or possession of firearms or any instrument which is capable of producing bodily harm and which is carried or possessed with the intent to use the same to cause such harm; provided, that any such order shall not apply to peace officers or military personnel engaged in the performance of their official duties;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2020, 12:22 AM

1,195 posts, read 987,005 times
Gun bans don't work, it'll only encourage un-registered and illegal gun ownership. The city is ran by soy boys.

Old 03-23-2020, 02:01 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,737,856 times
The COB page has responded that the gun ban "rumor" isn't true, but I saw that someone had posted the whole letter I referenced sections of above on FB that was certainly on COB letterhead.

Sadly, our Dept of Health has confirmed 23 new cases of Covid-19, among them 1 in Lynden Manor and a bunch at Shuksan Healthcare Center, both nursing homes. Covid-19 is "out of it's bag" in Bellingham now.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:57 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,201,945 times
They can’t let a crisis go to waste eh?

Old 04-11-2020, 04:54 AM

6,384 posts, read 5,012,901 times
I don't think stores that sell devices that are explicitly intended to kill people are "essential businesses" during a pandemic.

Old 04-11-2020, 07:14 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,082,509 times
I am going to have to politely disagree with you TheTimidBlueBars.

I am not a killer and would never never ever want to become one.
Honestly I think it would ruin me.

I am also not sure that my family is safe in times like this.
I mean just as an example, I was laid off due to this virus.
I also for some reason have been blocked from receiving unemployment benefits, but I am working on it
I have yet to receive a penny.
Thankfully I am in a position that where I am ok and will eventually receive my money.

I don’t think I am alone on not receiving unemployment benefits.
I do however think that most people that are in my situation are not able to survive without their unemployment benefits.

It is simple math and this concerns me.

My family and I are just normal people that have planned for our twilight years.
Money in the bank, food in the cellar, hunting guns in the safe and stuff like that.
We are by no means “dooms day prepares” or anything like that.
We just are normal everyday people that have a plan due to growing up in earthquake land.
No more no less.

In this odd time of uncertainty of roads that have not been recently crossed there is a need to be prepared .
My family went through this in WW11.
It can very well get ugly.
Maybe not mainstream but rather on a one on one personal level.

Also we might by chance see a shortage of food.
We like the deer on our property a lot but would eat one if we had to and I am an animal lover and not a hunter.

The pot stores seem essential.
How is that even a possibility?
I mean the medical CBD items makes sense and I get it, but recreational pot and booze?
I just don’t get it.

Sorry for the rant but I think items that can help your family survive ARE essential.

All the best.
Andy

Old 04-11-2020, 10:00 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
Ahh, this is rants-r-us, MechAndy. Your opinion is valued, after all, this is the Seattle city-data thread. Seattle is my homeland and Seattle is a place where opinions are valued. I still love Seattle and all of Washington state. You can speak your mind and I have gone much overboard on this forum before. But the things I speak about mean a lot to me, so I speak them. I was taught in school that free speech is an American treasure. You were too, eh?

Speak your mind, bro. You'll no doubt pretty much have many, many people agree with you and then many will not. That is free speech and it's available here.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:02 AM

6,246 posts, read 3,415,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
Gun bans don't work, it'll only encourage un-registered and illegal gun ownership. The city is ran by soy boys.

All a ban on guns will do is encourage criminals with guns to go there without fear. Chicago has a gun ban and look at what has happened there. 510 gun death in 2019.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:19 AM

6,246 posts, read 3,415,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Ahh, this is rants-r-us, MechAndy. Your opinion is valued, after all, this is the Seattle city-data thread. Seattle is my homeland and Seattle is a place where opinions are valued. I still love Seattle and all of Washington state. You can speak your mind and I have gone much overboard on this forum before. But the things I speak about mean a lot to me, so I speak them. I was taught in school that free speech is an American treasure. You were too, eh?

Speak your mind, bro. You'll no doubt pretty much have many, many people agree with you and then many will not. That is free speech and it's available here.
One: this is not the Seattle city-data thread its the Washington city-data thread. Two: didn't the Seattle chief of Police recently tell people to report any threatening or racist comments even if not true.

Quote:
"We will document and investigate every reported hate crime," Best continued. "Even racist name-calling should be reported to police. If you aren't sure if a hate crime occurred, call 911. We are here to help."
https://reason.com/2020/03/31/corona...h-carmen-best/

Strange comment from the chief considering they aren't arresting shop lifters, druggies, public intoxication and public urination. And releasing hundreds back out the streets from jails.

I am guessing name calling is more important than real crimes to the PC Seattle police.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:37 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
One: this is not the Seattle city-data thread its the Washington city-data thread. Two: didn't the Seattle chief of Police recently tell people to report any threatening or racist comments even if not true.

Ahh, OK, if it's your job ta take jackets at the door and lay them on the bed, I'm cool wid dat. Free speech includes errors at times, don't it? I'm simply letting MechAndy know that he can speak his mind without prejudice. Apparently you didn't get my simple point.

Yikes. And some extra sharp spikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington