Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 09:27 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,729,940 times

Advertisements

I've voted both ways in the past and actually voted for Inslee the last time around. I'm researching those running for Governor tonight (geeze its a huge list) and really like a lot of the solutions Culp is proposing. Although he does have an "R" behind his name, a lot of his solutions are just common sense and will help restore so many things from recreational fishing (and helping the whales) to adding accountability for how and where our taxes are spent, and put an end to the constant unconstitutional legislation that flows out of Olympia.

https://www.culpforgovernor.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 01:04 AM

1,195 posts, read 984,525 times
Interesting to know. I been seeing that name on signs and plan to really do research before voting on a candidate. I want more people who aren't yes-men, hopefully a governor with a high IQ and balls to stand by their promises.

Old 07-30-2020, 01:42 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
The (uninformed) vote will go to the highest spender / best Hollywood type ads, highest name recognition.

Your average USA voter likely spends ZERO time investigating candidates and policies / experience / voting history if an incumbent.

Too Bad.

Old 07-30-2020, 12:16 PM

6 posts, read 6,568 times
why not Tim Eyman? He is purer tea party to save tax money for people.
I don't like Culp's cop background

Old 07-30-2020, 12:39 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,670,383 times
I always had you down as a Goodspaceguy voter.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:13 PM

1,066 posts, read 891,193 times
A big NO from me.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/p...8-ce278a04a4d4

Old 08-03-2020, 07:55 AM

439 posts, read 423,054 times
I'm voting for Culp!

Old 08-06-2020, 03:10 AM

301 posts, read 519,339 times

I'm asking this seriously, not as an agitator:

Can anyone who is a Culp voter please explain to me his ability to address the budget of a state as large as WA and meet the needs of rural, suburban, and urban citizens?

He is a police chief of a small town, but I'd like to know more about his ability to work within state and federal guidelines. Has he ever been an elected member or committee member of a county legislative board, a school board, a utility district, or a needs board (e.g. homeless, food shortage, sex trafficking, drugs)? To my knowledge, he has never been a state rep or state senator.

-------

As I see it, he is a one-issue candidate (2A) and I'd like to know more about his abilities in addressing the concerns of all WA citizens, not just rural folks.

Access to healthcare and COVID-19 testing/tracing will be a big part of the incoming administration.

IMO, he isn't qualified to be Governor. Change my mind, please.

Old 08-06-2020, 02:31 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,037,074 times
I didn't vote for Culp in the primary.

Having lived and worked in both rural and urban areas, my observation is that a rural politician is generally more suited for public office. It is simply because they don't live in a bubble and can't avoid local residents they don't want to deal with. They have to deal with everybody.

I suspect he understands working within state and federal guidelines better than most of our Legislature and that included Inslee before he became Governor. All local government employees work these days under state and Federal guidelines.

Most rural politicians understand urban issues better than urban politicians understand rural issues. Seattle's Congressperson doesn't even understand that western Washington gets most of its electricity from Columbia River dams and the reminder from coal fired plants in Montana!!! And she's in Congress!!!

King County and its policies do affect large of the state outside of King County. For example, city of Seattle has a HUGE effect on Pend O'Reille County with its dam. PDO county doesn't affect the city of Seattle. I still remember Governor Booth Gardner AFTER he won election making a big deal about his fact-finding trip to eastern Washington so he could better understand the issues!!

Governor Inslee has done a awful job of managing the COVID situation. I cannot believe that Culp could do worse!!

I have "worked" in situations involving Governor Inslee twice in my career. I was not impressed with his executive abilities. That is putting it kindly. BTW...both those were emergency situations, which is why I think he has done such a poor job managing the COVID outbreak.

Is Culp "qualified" to be Governor. Yes, he meets the legal requirements for office. So does Jay Inslee.

As our population grows we become more and more distant from our political leadership. So we ended making choices on pretty petty issues.

We as voters need to pay more attention to a persons intelligence and committment to public service.

If I were you I would make it a point to meet and talk to Mr. Culp. He is a pretty good politician, but we need more than just politicians these days.

Old 08-06-2020, 04:32 PM

5,439 posts, read 7,726,033 times
Culp is a one issue candidate (2nd Amendment) and his position in favor of unrestricted gun rights is opposed by a majority of Washingtonians. Everything he says on basically any other topic is just meaningless platitudes and generalities.

So I don't see his candidacy going anywhere against Inslee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington