Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2022, 12:29 PM

1,066 posts, read 892,612 times

Advertisements

No sources again, strange that.

Old 03-01-2022, 02:23 PM

1,495 posts, read 1,673,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Tough on you if you don’t like it.

Just what part of experiment shot don’t you understand?
The part where it was approved by the FDA last year.

Quote:
You’re one of those internet tough guys huh?

You are the jerk that wanted to argue about my dead family member.
Yeah I haven’t forgotten.
What are you talking about? "Internet tough guys?" I'm not threatening you. You brought up your dead family member in order to make false claims and so I pointed out how you couldn't even know if those claims were true. If you get upset every time someone calls you out on stuff you bring up (frequently lies and misinformation you repeat from others) then don't bring up matters you are sensitive about and expect everyone to tip toe around you for it. The irony of bringing this up while you repeat false rumors about someone else's dead family member!

Old 03-02-2022, 08:38 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
I told you that the parts of the government has lied and omitted facts and you called me a liar.
Told you that this is an experimental which it is just by definition and I’m a liar again.
Shared some personal information about my parent dying and once again….

You are pathetic and ignored.

Old 03-02-2022, 11:19 AM

6,227 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
It’s a free country and you can believe anything you want.
How wrong you are....Its a free country as long as you can pass the scrutiny of the big tech companies who feel they have the right to limit opinions (free speech) that don't correspond with the democrat/liberal/progressive agenda.

Old 03-02-2022, 11:19 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
The part where it was approved by the FDA last year.

What are you talking about? "Internet tough guys?" I'm not threatening you. You brought up your dead family member in order to make false claims and so I pointed out how you couldn't even know if those claims were true. If you get upset every time someone calls you out on stuff you bring up (frequently lies and misinformation you repeat from others) then don't bring up matters you are sensitive about and expect everyone to tip toe around you for it. The irony of bringing this up while you repeat false rumors about someone else's dead family member!
Yeah, it gets tiring, but, I think most of us read past the posters who are indulging themselves in mindless BS when looking for support of their paranoid delusions. I do like the comic relief of it all and view the low information actors as an essential part of that comedic troupe. Sharing their fears of dire conspiracies and their hatred of those who they suspect are out to get them only reveals their imbalance and little else.

Many in that space have alluded to their suspicions as proof of their not being the dreaded "sheeple" who are depicted as mouth breathing idiots who fail to see Inslee, Dr Fauci, Biden, etc, as the devil incarnate. Being suspicious of any and all authority is understandable to some extent, but, that's not to say that the entirety of government or the medical community has been compromised by the imagined Dr evils who live in the minds of these folks. Some of the nicest people are operating on pretzel logic..

Old 03-02-2022, 01:04 PM

1,369 posts, read 714,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
How wrong you are....Its a free country as long as you can pass the scrutiny of the big tech companies who feel they have the right to limit opinions (free speech) that don't correspond with the democrat/liberal/progressive agenda.
No tech company is obligated to print lies or violate their business best practices by spreading incitements to violence. There was NEVER any censorship of conservative viewpoints. Just a refusal to print lies or incite violence. The fact that you believe lies are the truth is your right. You can’t force others to print your lies. Feel free to create your own private business and print any sort of ‘truth’ you prefer to believe. It’s a free country, after all.

It’s also healthy to keep in mind that you might be wrong, and that others may know better than you.

Case in point, if worried about Covid vaccines, masking, etc. talk with your doctor. They may have a teeensy bit more knowledge on the subject than you, gathered from the source, not the media.

Last edited by Arcos; 03-02-2022 at 01:21 PM..

Old 03-02-2022, 01:26 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,948,846 times
All political BS

Ending Mandates
Secure the USA Southern Border
Fund the Police

These objectives are now a goal for Democrats. Wait, didn't Republicans push for these the last 2 years?

I don't have any faith in the idiot voters in America to overlook this.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
All political BS

Ending Mandates
Secure the USA Southern Border
Fund the Police

These objectives are now a goal for Democrats. Wait, didn't Republicans push for these the last 2 years?

I don't have any faith in the idiot voters in America to overlook this.
President Biden campaigned to increase funding to the police. We in the Democratic primary voted for him to win over more left wing candidates who supported defund.

He similarly campaigned on funding the police during the general election where he defeated Trump handily.

The goal of the mandates is to end the pandemic, which would also thus end the mandates. We are seeing this unfold, right in front of our eyes. Job well done.

Southern border requires a bipartisan solution, and the Democrats have been ready and waiting for that for many years, including passing a bipartisan bill in the Senate that Biden supported which increased border enforcement, that the Republican House refused to take up, through political cowardice. Note that they didn’t propose any changes… they just sat on it.

As President, Biden has signed one of the biggest bipartisan bills (supported by the GOP Senate lead) that will benefit all Americans. It includes more funding for police, I believe.

Last edited by Arcos; 03-02-2022 at 02:00 PM..

Old 03-02-2022, 02:05 PM

However, if we are discussing politics, it should be relevant to the subject at hand so:

There is a serious and far reaching federal effort to guide the county through the next stages of the Covid crisis:

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/02/10839...s-back-to-norm

The plan lays out four goals:

Protect against and treat COVID-19
Prepare for new variants
Prevent business and school shutdowns
Help vaccinate the rest world and save lives

The newest feature of the plan is a goal to offer a one-stop "test to treat" system at pharmacies and community health centers starting in March — places where people can confirm whether they have COVID, and get treated with antivirals on the spot.

The plan calls for Congress to boost funding for ongoing vigilance against COVID to purchase treatments, shore up the testing supply and prepare for new variants.

More funding would also help with efforts to detect new variants by improving data collection, sequencing and wastewater surveillance systems, the White House said.

The plan calls for continued support to help vaccinate the world. So far the administration has distributed 475 million free vaccine doses to 112 countries, but that's well short of its 1.2 billion dose pledge.

The White House says it will prioritize protections for people who are immunocompromised as well as those with disabilities and older adults, giving them priority access to treatments and pushing to make sure they get boosters.

There are also plans to surge resources to developing treatments for long COVID and to provide support for people who have lost a loved one to the disease.

Last summer, Biden said the United States was "closer than ever to declaring our independence from this deadly virus" only to get burned by surges in cases from the delta and omicron variants. This time, the administration's plan and the messaging around it are more guarded.

Old 03-04-2022, 11:07 AM

6,227 posts, read 3,411,736 times
It now seem Clallam county health official is now okay with the Washington Governor's March 11th ending of the mandates.
I am guessing she can move on to more pressing issues like ingrown toe nails or maybe acne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington