Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 06:58 AM

5,280 posts, read 3,136,243 times

Advertisements

I am glad I have mine.
I just wish I could get my WA driver’s license so I could buy some more toys.

My daughter put off getting her ccp license and now she has to wait.

We live so far out of town having a ccp license is important.
I have never seen a cop in my area and they darn sure wouldn’t come in time if we needed them.

Some people think I am nuts for having a carry concealed pistol license but it is a good legal tool that allows you to properly protect you and your family when help is not coming soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 08:22 AM

230 posts, read 98,272 times
Strange point about WA being open carry, but cities can require CCP.

Also I suspect at some point WA will no longer be open carry, in time with the appropriate demographic changes.

Old 08-16-2020, 10:53 AM

6,328 posts, read 3,474,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
Gun sales have surged in liberal cities in a odd turn of fate as they face the real threat of a defunded police and BLM riots....but guess what? Inslee's executive order has shut down fingerprint taking for concealed pistol license applications so you can't apply for a CPL. Therefore you can't carry a loaded gun nor have it in your car (loaded). Also, IF we ever see a phase 3 re-opening, there will then be a huge backlog of CPL applications to go through and it's likely to backup for months. Never waste a crisis when you can push an agenda.

I brought a 9mm a couple months back in Sequim...it was the first time I have held a pistol in my hand in my nearly 80 years on this world. When I brought the gun and asked for ammunition they told me it could be weeks if not months for a supply would come in. i phone around and no one had ammo in the Sequim area including Fred's...I had to go to Silverdale to a sporting good store to get what I needed. It also took nearly a month to get the background check completed.

Not saying this was good or bad...it was what it was.

Old 08-16-2020, 10:57 AM

6,328 posts, read 3,474,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I am glad I have mine.
I just wish I could get my WA driver’s license so I could buy some more toys.

My daughter put off getting her ccp license and now she has to wait.

We live so far out of town having a ccp license is important.
I have never seen a cop in my area and they darn sure wouldn’t come in time if we needed them.

Some people think I am nuts for having a carry concealed pistol license but it is a good legal tool that allows you to properly protect you and your family when help is not coming soon.

Be careful...look at what happened in St Louis a couple weeks ago when a couple tried to protect their property with legal guns after protesters broke into their gated community and got prosecuted for protecting their home.

Old 08-16-2020, 11:38 AM

3,577 posts, read 2,917,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Be careful...look at what happened in St Louis a couple weeks ago when a couple tried to protect their property with legal guns after protesters broke into their gated community and got prosecuted for protecting their home.
The issue is they were idiots about how they presented and handled their weapons. It was almost comical.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:09 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,213,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
The issue is they were idiots about how they presented and handled their weapons. It was almost comical.
That may be, but no one knows how they’re going to react in a situation like that when it’s actually at your front door, those attorneys likely have never had to face that and it was well outside their normal world

Old 08-16-2020, 02:33 PM

5,280 posts, read 3,136,243 times
I am not a gun happy “point a gun at you” type of guy.
If I ever felt that threatened I would shoot you and hate you for it.

We are quite a few miles away from a simple gas station
Where we are at we also have the possibility to deal with large critters.
Our driveway is unlit and about 150 yards long in a dense forrest.
Checking the mail, taking out the garbage or removing fallen branches in less than good lighting can make you feel like prey.
We have large cats here and then there are the bears.

I value my right to be able to legally carry a concealed pistol but I am not the guy likes to carry everywhere.
I do however feel comfy legally having a loaded pistol in my ride for road trips and such.
Your milage may vary but this is what works for me.

All the best.
Andy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington