Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2008, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 7,192 times

Advertisements

I may be possibly moving to Tacoma during the summer. I have just started my search for a possible apartment in the area. I am having trouble finding exactly what I am looking for. I would love to find a great place that is NOT part of a huge complex. I despise apartment complexes and would find myself my more happy in an older historic home that has been converted into apartments or something along those lines.

Where I currently live I searched for local property management places and found a great little place. Does anyone know the names and or websites of good local property management firms that they could pass along?

The job does come with a residency requirement as well so I do have to live within Tacoma city limits. Thanks in advance for all of your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 10:51 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,099,050 times
Have you tried the Tacoma newspaper, The News Tribune, whose classifieds you can find at Southsoundclassifieds.com.
Have you also tried: craigslist, rent.com, forrent.com, and apartments.com?

Old 05-15-2008, 02:33 PM

392 posts, read 1,556,587 times
Look at MGM, Compass, and HCS Property Mngt. I know they do houses, but I"d assume they have appts. too.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:57 AM

850 posts, read 3,715,601 times
I know exactly what you mean. I hate those huge, cheap, massive apartment complexes. They are so plain and have absolutely no character.

I swear by Craigslist. I have found really cool historic apartments on there. The disadvantage of going through a property firm is that you're not going to find as many historic apartments--those are usually found through private rentals. If you can, drive around North Tacoma and you'll see rental signs everywhere. (I would recommend North Tacoma. They're going to have exactly what you're looking for)

Old 05-20-2008, 09:12 PM

332 posts, read 1,625,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobefobik View Post
(I would recommend North Tacoma. They're going to have exactly what you're looking for)
Actually for "historic apartments" I'd suggest the northern end of downtown or the area around Stadium High and Wright Park. Not sure I'd really call that "North Tacoma" though . . .

Old 05-20-2008, 11:29 PM

850 posts, read 3,715,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagus View Post
Actually for "historic apartments" I'd suggest the northern end of downtown or the area around Stadium High and Wright Park. Not sure I'd really call that "North Tacoma" though . . .
Yes, I would consider Stadium High and Wright Park in North Tacoma. If you talk to most anyone who lives in this area, they would call this area North Tacoma.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,790 times
I was window shopping for myself today and found this nice interactive map:

[mod]link removed[/mod]

and depending on your range I found three that looked perfect for you within 4 blocks of Wright's park.

The site is too busy at the moment, there was a double brick on north 4th and I street, a rose and white Victorian mansion on north 1st or 2nd about 1 block west of Tacoma Avenue, and a nice brick with a red and white entry that had old world basin vanity in dark wood.

Price range on these was 600-1200, the double brick is a 55+ building, the least expensive. It is very nice I had a relative that lived there. The other two are about 900 a month I think. By the way we call the area Old Tacoma or The Historical District

Good luck and it is a lovely area, I grew up there, close to many areas of interest.

Last edited by Count David; 06-06-2012 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: new members are not allowed to post links

Old 06-06-2012, 08:36 AM

238 posts, read 865,830 times
A lot of the smaller, older apartments complexes don't advertise other than a sign on the building. Williams Properties has the nicest historic rentals in the area but they will cost you.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:06 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,170,524 times
Check Williams Properties. (oops, sorry, I just notcied the post above that recommended them, but will post this, anyway.) They are a family company that manages a few historic apartment buildings in the Stadium District near Wright Park. I'm waiting for one in their only dog-friendly building to open up, but they currently have some openings in the buildings that only allow cats. The places are beautiful inside; wood floors, nice kitchens, etc. I don't know if a link is allowed, but will try:

Williams Properties

There are photos of the vacancies they have coming up or available now.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:02 AM

15 posts, read 28,041 times
Just another vote for Williams properties since they have some really beautiful well maintained buildings in the Stadium District.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: