Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 04:41 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,095,198 times

Advertisements

I don't get why people would say that Washington State is no longer a nice state to live in, I've spent most of my life living in Washington and think it's a very beautiful state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2021, 05:41 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
I don't get why people would say that Washington State is no longer a nice state to live in, I've spent most of my life living in Washington and think it's a very beautiful state.
It is, Washington is one of the prettiest. On a scale of one to five, I’d rate Washington a five in beauty. The homeless problem brings it down a lot. It’s a shame, but the camps and seeing people sleeping in mounds of trash is not appealing and ruins the gorgeous scenery.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:23 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Nothing to do with natural beauty....just impossible to stay... for many who slaved and invested to make the state great, and a High QoL for others.

Are you a WA farmer, builder, employer, business owner? (with a high capital investment?).

Legislation has made it nearly impossible to do the above. When that is your livelihood, you may need to leave WA to remain profitable.

If you are a previous long-term WA resident and now retired with minimal or no income... you may be forced to relocate due to high property tax increases and zero income.. my property taxes were 1/100th my income when I retired. They are now 1/3rd of my total enabled income. That leaves little remaining $ for food, insurance, and none for entertainment or such necessities as gas. (Fortunately my fuel is free homebrew).

Many nice places to live have been ruined for those who invested their lives to make it so.

Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Colorado.... Poof, gone for locals, no longer home. Politics is a whole nuther story...

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 07-23-2021 at 06:33 PM..

Old 07-23-2021, 06:55 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,095,198 times
I've just moved to Texas late last Winter and I have a friend who still lives in Washington tell me that it's not a nice state anymore, she thinks quality of life has gone downhill in Washington State and that made me wonder.

I moved to Texas so I can be closer to my sister.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:41 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,523,096 times
"Why do people say"... When you have over 300,000,000 SOME people will say anything . You can find some people who say its ok to sleep with kids or animals, some people say vaccinations contain microchips. There are people who despite 52 lost lawsuits, say that Trump won the election.

What's more important is what intelligent or most people say. Washington is quite popular as way more people move to the state than leave.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:36 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Well, I still think it's a wonderful place to live. If you don't have to go to town much, the problems of man really don't make a lot of difference!

Tonight we watched our baby eagle in the pasture taking his first short flights.

We've got everything we need here
Attached Thumbnails
Why do people say that Washington State is not a nice state anymore?-eaglet.jpg  

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 07-23-2021 at 10:49 PM..

Old 07-24-2021, 02:37 AM

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 332,504 times
As of July 25th 2021 police officers aren't allowed to pursue suspected criminals. "Terry" stops will be against the law. So this will encourage burglaries. Washington residents better fortify their property and self defense skills. Apparently WA will become the first state with such limitations on law enforcement.

Old 07-24-2021, 02:39 AM

3,687 posts, read 2,408,199 times
Quote:
Puget Sound expanding suburbs with more traffic and higher SFH prices for me.

But still very beautiful.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:34 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,404,518 times
Quote:
I've just moved to Texas late last Winter and I have a friend who still lives in Washington tell me that it's not a nice state anymore, she thinks quality of life has gone downhill in Washington State and that made me wonder.

I moved to Texas so I can be closer to my sister.
Ask your friend if he was talking about the state of Washington in general or just the I-5 corridor? (Seattle north and south)

I live on the Olympic Peninsula and I can tell anyone that it is still the nicest, friendlies place in the state.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:44 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,404,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
As of July 25th 2021 police officers aren't allowed to pursue suspected criminals. "Terry" stops will be against the law. So this will encourage burglaries. Washington residents better fortify their property and self defense skills. Apparently WA will become the first state with such limitations on law enforcement.
That may be true in King county but not true in Clallam county or many other counties in the state.
Both New York and San Francisco has had those law enforcements removed month ago so Seattle is a little behind. I am guessing defunding the police has had consequences in liberal controlled cities.

Oh and I bought a 9mm months ago just in case but haven't had any reason to take it out of my gun safe except for target practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington