Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2023, 04:25 PM

10,551 posts, read 7,743,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
This is a very rural - remote - drive... and Forks is not the end of the trip. Unless you intend to teleport out, you still have half the trip still to go! ..
Yes, I advise to keep going rather than turning around at Forks.

There is a decent place to eat with a good ocean view at La Push as I recall.

When will you be going? Looks like the wet season will begin soon. At least temperatures won't be chilly quite yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2023, 04:45 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadnerb View Post
Where are you going after Forks? If you’re going towards Quinault there’s very very few options for food. The drive from Quinault back to Olympia is basically just country roads with barely any services unless you detour into the Aberdeen area.
There are a couple of grocery stores at Lake Quinault. There's also the Salmon House restaurant by the lake.
https://www.rainforestresort.com/sal...restaurant.htm

Old 10-04-2023, 05:35 PM

382 posts, read 336,679 times
I will be going in a circle but most of the stops end in la push, and Quinault. Then its driving back to Seattle

Old 10-04-2023, 06:21 PM

1,824 posts, read 797,831 times
There is a cute little place on Front Street in Port Angeles called New Day Eatery where you can get breakfast or lunch, everything is fresh & they also do vegetarian/vegan. Food is a little pricey, but I recommend them because they try hard, food is good & they are a local business.

On 1st Street in Port Angeles is Fast Burrito, also local. You can drive thru or eat inside, they have a good self-serve salsa bar. Shrimp or carne asado burritos are good.

You can get takeout Indian food at the Grab & Go, a convenience store in Sequim. The family who runs the store makes the food, I think it’s pretty good.

If you want to go fancy, there is Nourish, in a old house in Sequim. Food is locally sourced, prix fixe dinner menu, reservations recommended as their hours are limited but they never disappoint.

The OP is beautiful but definitely not a gourmand’s delight!

Old 10-05-2023, 01:29 AM

8,069 posts, read 8,361,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1987 View Post
I will be going in a circle but most of the stops end in la push, and Quinault. Then its driving back to Seattle

Yeah, if going to Lake Quinault, might as well go all the way around (avoiding late-night ferry waits). Lake Sylvia State Park might be worth a picnic stop.

Old 10-05-2023, 07:43 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times
I don't know why I forgot the best burger joint around, Fat Smitty's. It's also quirky and fun. The address is Port Townsend but it's right on 101 at Discovery Bay, where it meets highway 20.

https://www.takeout-guide.com/portto...nts/FatSmittys

Old 10-05-2023, 10:31 AM

6,375 posts, read 4,989,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
There is a cute little place on Front Street in Port Angeles called New Day Eatery where you can get breakfast or lunch, everything is fresh & they also do vegetarian/vegan. Food is a little pricey, but I recommend them because they try hard, food is good & they are a local business.
Love New Day. Not a whole lot of vegetarian/vegan stuff in rural WA so it stands out.

Port Townsend as a whole definitely has the best options on the Olympic Peninsula (e.g. multiple Thai places). It's a shame that it's a (brief) detour right at the start of the peninsula and not somewhere along 101. Still recommend stopping by if the OP has time because the atmosphere is so perfect.

Old 10-05-2023, 01:11 PM

22,154 posts, read 19,206,964 times
my favorite hiking food when i spent a lot of time in the Olympic Peninsula area:

smoked cheese (cheddar or jack) sliced on soft bagels (salt bagels; plain or cinnamon raisin in a pinch)
with dijon mustard and a touch of honey.
sweet iced tea. yum.
quartered granny smith apples dipped in that caramel dip in the little plastic tubs.

for food, bring your favorites. and enjoy it among the stunning scenery.

Old 10-05-2023, 01:42 PM

14,461 posts, read 12,090,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1987 View Post

Well, I think this is a driving trip and a hiking trip and wilderness experience and it won't (shouldn't) be about finding the perfect fine dining experience or the best coffee shop. There will be espresso stands and roadside diners, be flexible and you may find a surprisingly good breakfast diner or burger place along the way.

And do take some snacks to eat along the way... there are some big distances between stops along the route.

Old 10-05-2023, 05:57 PM

8,170 posts, read 8,292,916 times
I like the Kalaloch Lodge Creekside Restaurant. Stunning location, right on the Pacific. Here’s the link. https://www.thekalalochlodge.com/din...hoC3oAQAvD_BwE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington