Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 01:14 PM

109 posts, read 153,671 times

Advertisements

Washington State offers a cornucopia of destinations as varied as its topography to fit the taste of almost any traveler. The urban-oriented traveler will find a host of attractions and activities including concerts, festivals, dance and theatre. The outdoor-oriented visitor will enjoy a wide variety of activities including bicycling, hiking, backpacking, mountain climbing, boating, sailing, kayaking, rafting, skiing, cross-country skiing, and downhill skiing. More pastoral pursuits will be found among wheat fields, tulip fields, apple orchards and vineyards.

I have lived here almost 30 years and I am finding out more and more awesome places to visit.

If you know of some gret places you have been to in Washington and you want to share, please add.

mod cut: link removed

Last edited by scirocco22; 06-14-2008 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: advertising
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 11:45 PM

371 posts, read 1,760,887 times
Well, once on my was to Seattle in the winter, we saw frozen waterfalls alongside the highway.

Just a comment, but seriously, people aren't lying when they say Chelan is beautiful. Other than that, Id recommend Wallowa lake in Eastern Oregon

Old 06-13-2008, 02:42 AM

260 posts, read 925,806 times
Lavender Festival in Sequim is in July...

Old 06-13-2008, 06:37 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times
I have only been to the state of Washington only once( and that was many years ago), but the Tower of Astoria sticks in my mind, and all the beauty of the state. Also a ferry ride on Puget Sound. :-)

Old 06-13-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eponabri View Post
Lavender Festival in Sequim is in July...
Sequim is so beautiful. My wife grew up there and she loved it. Unfortunately, she had to move to the rainy Seattle area because she married me. I guest she loves me enough to give up sunny Squim.

I like Mount Vernon too. Beautiful place with the tulips and the fishing in the skagit river. And it is only a 45 minutes drive from Seattle. Check out the tulip fields, amazingly beautiful.

mod cut: link removed

Last edited by scirocco22; 06-14-2008 at 02:34 PM..

Old 06-13-2008, 03:05 PM

3,972 posts, read 5,163,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbao View Post
If you know of some great places you have been to in Washington and you want to share, please add.

Willipa Bay at sunset.
Steptoe Butte in the spring when all you see is flowing fields of green.
The Gorge Amphitheater. The hills behind the stage glow orange at sunset.
Highway 14 through the Gorge.
Lake Chelan...anytime.
North Cascades Highway.
Hoh Rainforest on the peninsula.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:06 PM

269 posts, read 1,243,437 times
A hearty agreement on Steptoe Butte. Though you'll see a few fields of bright yellow, the blooming of mustard seed plants.

Similarly, the top of the Lewiston Grade, looking down on the confluence of the Clearwater and the Snake.

The bridge over Deception Pass.

See also a couple of images with which I launched the "outside the cities" picture thread: Palouse Falls, and a flock of snow geese in Skagit County in winter.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:55 AM

The downside about Skagit County is the Skagit River. It SEEMS to flood almost every year.

But other than that, I think Mout Vernon is beautiful and people there are so laid back.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:47 PM

177 posts, read 969,368 times
What about Stonehenge? You can go see Stonehenge and Maryhill Museum of Art in the same day (both built by Sam Hill) they are just a few miles apart from each other. Plus, if you time it right, you can pick fruit right off the tree in the little town of Maryhill. You can also visit Maryhill Winery which has an ampitheater that hosts concerts in the summer.
Remember, Washington is more than just Seattle and the surrounding areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington