Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2006, 02:21 PM

4 posts, read 22,297 times

Advertisements

Moving to the chehalis area. from southern cali!..was wondering if anyone has any info on the area, including winlock vader area...thanx a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2006, 07:41 PM

331 posts, read 2,111,372 times
don't really know the area as I am new to WA from the Palm Springs area of So CA. I hear it is "deserty." And from your screen name I am assuming you like the river? Have you checked out the tri-cities area? Also desert but 3 major rivers and lots of water sports.

I like the green so I am on the West side of the cascades near Seattle. But we really enjoy the drive to the tri city area for the sun and water.

What part of So CA are you from?

Old 03-04-2006, 08:46 AM

4 posts, read 22,297 times
husband just got a job in winlock so we are moving somewhere close he doesnt like to travel too far work, we went up there for his interview and thought it was beautiful i was just wondering about the people, crime and normal stuff like that

we are moving from apple valley thats "desert" and so over crowded! i am so glad we are getting out of here

Old 03-04-2006, 08:51 AM

11 posts, read 23,391 times
Default winlock

I moved from Winlock 6 years ago to Florida and thinking about moving back to Wash. I love the sunny days here. Winlock is a very small town pop.1200 Vader is a lot smaller. If you like a small town, quiet,lots of gray days then great. We are thinking more of the Wenatchee area in eastern Wash. Lots of sunshine 2 rivers that run through there.

Old 03-05-2006, 03:27 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,776,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbrat
Moving to the chehalis area. from southern cali!..was wondering if anyone has any info on the area, including winlock vader area...thanx a bunch!
Vader and Winlock are small little towns. If you like ruralness or small town life, this is the place. Chehalis is a small city and combined with nearby Centralia is the commercial hub of Lewis County. For shopping malls and big box retail other than Wal-Mart, you have to go north to the Olympia area or south to Longview. There is no sales tax in Oregon so if you don't mind the short drive to Portland, you can save money there.

Also Lewis County is very affordable by Washington standards which probably means it is dirt cheap by California standards. You can still find 20 acres of land for under $100,000 here. Plenty of rivers, streams, and views of the Cascade Mts and volcanoes. Mt. St. Helens is a prominent view in the area.

Old 06-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Len

2 posts, read 9,643 times
I grew up in Winlock & can confirm it is a nice place to live. Not much in the way of commerce, shopping or entertainment in town, but LOTS available within 1/2 to 1 hour drive. Schools were decent 20+ years ago when I lived there. Like many small towns, jobs are somewhat limited & many of the younger residents leave when they finish school for more attractive opportunities in big cities. I left for a career in the military --but truely enjoyed growing up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington