Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,250 times

Advertisements

Hello City-Data forumers,
Okay, I'm horrible... I admit it... I've lived in the beautiful state of Washington for much of my life but have rarely taken advantage of the idyllic surroundings that most Washingtonians are so proud of. So now, I plan to change that. However, I've found that finding a good destination spot from vacation rental listings on the internet is an arduous task. Booking a cabin in a location that I have no idea about, I've found, is like choosing a mail-order bride - you have no idea what you're buying. I don't like to leave the fate of my precious little vacation time to chance, so, I have registered for this forum to implore all you wonderful and knowledgeable people to help me find a good vacation spot. Specifically, I'm looking for destinations for both the summer time and winter time for my family and friends to get together - and I'm hoping to find something that fits the following criteria:

What my dream summer cabin would include:

-- On/close to a small-medium sized, secluded, lake that is good for swimming, canoeing, outdoor bbq - and has no motorized vessels
-- Forested environment
-- Cabin occupancy 6+
-- Rustic "cabiny" feel but clean/comfortable
-- Hot tub a plus
-- 2-3 hours from Seattle

Criteria for my perfect winter cabin:

-- Must have snow through early March
-- Close to skiing and/or sledding
-- Cabin occupancy 6+
-- Rustic "cabiny" feel but clean/comfortable
-- Hot tub
-- Wood fireplace
-- 2-3 hours from Seattle

Do my dream cabins even exist? Do you have a favorite vacation spot and/or vacation cabin/home you could recommend?

Thanks much in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 09:01 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,044,753 times
Visit Leavenworth Washington - The Official Site of the Leavenworth Chamber of Commerce for their Chamber of Commerce.

Check the cabins at Camas Meadows for your winter requirements. Hurry, snow is going fast in the Cascades this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington