Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 06:26 PM

14 posts, read 98,996 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are waiting for orders to Ft. Lewis, again. We were suppose to move this summer but were delayed. We are looking again at where to live and I am down to two places. I like Dupont for its quick convenience to everything and nice homes. But every time I look at homes in Clearwood, I get all warm and fuzzy inside. We've been living in West Texas for the last 4 years and the idea of living near lakes, walking trails, and tall trees just seems perfect. There is only one thing I'm worried about.. We would really like to purchase a home in WA and then rent it out when we move, not resell.

For those that live or have lived in Clearwood - how easy or difficult would you say it is to rent out homes in the area considering the distance to other cities for work?

Also I'm curious about the Clearwood store/market.... what exactly is sold there? It looks too small (from the picture I saw, at least) to sell groceries. Is it just your average convenient store with chips and candy bars?

Thanks for any info you can share!

Shelley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 01:34 AM

103 posts, read 783,609 times
For rental purpose either area will be fine because of the military.Yelm is the place to shop for food if you move to clearwood.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:33 AM

1,024 posts, read 4,139,855 times
blckisusan,

Dupont will be easier to rent, as it is not just popular with military families, but also State Farm workers and any body else who needs to live on the I-5 corridor. Dupont and Clearwood are completely different communities and appeal to different people and needs. Clearwood has its attraction for people who love the seclusion and love the woods and lakes. The prices for homes are much lower than in Dupont. Many military families choose to live in Clearwood because the homes are so affordable. The downside is the long commute to work and a 15-20 minute drive to Yelm for the nearest shopping or services. The convenience store at the gate carries a limited selection of all necessities; from diapers and bleach to flour and coffee. They also serve food like hot dogs and donuts. I have clients in Clearwood who love the community, but I also hear complaints about being too secluded. Due to the fact that it's a gated community for which visitors need to have a gate card to get in, it's difficult to receive unannounced visits of people just stopping by.

Dupont on the other hand has all the conveniences and amenities, but the home prices are higher and the lots are much smaller. You really should tour both communities when you get here to get a feel for what it would be like to live there.

Best wishes,

Sandy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington