Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2007, 04:29 AM

19 posts, read 85,499 times

Advertisements

Does Western Washington get and see Day Time Rain as equal to Night Time?

I'm asking this rather strange question, because while I have been in Sacramento, California. I see (Mistake! I hear it in my sleep), but the only time it finally does Rain here in Sacramento, is in the middle of the Night, but never Rains in the Day Time as much. The equation is that 75% Preciptiation occurs in the Middle of the Night while I'm sleeping. And the other 25% will sometimes be the Day Time Precipitation. So when Sacramento, does get its Rain. I'm still missing out what I would like to see during the Day Time Hours.

So I'm hoping when I get to Washington, that there will be more of an equal amount and that I will be able to see and be out in it ... Will be and Is ... Day Time Rain Precipitation. But any how, I still really would like to see the heavier cloudiness that can blanket the whole sky solid at least.

Sacramento's Day Time Cloudiness gets broken up and is patchy so much out of the Day. I also like to get away from this place, because I suspect avaition people are a bit involved with flying aircrafts into the clouds to make it brake up and I hate popular intervention to California's Sky Weather, now that we seem to always be advancing in Technology. So I hope when I get to Washington. This isn't going to be happening in Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 07:41 AM

323 posts, read 1,969,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbostratus Bird MGP View Post
Does Western Washington get and see Day Time Rain as equal to Night Time?
I'm sure that there's hard data on this somewhere but I wouldn't know where. Anecdotally, it's more than equal One of my frustrations with the winters around here is the likelyhood that it will be raining (or at least drizzling) come lunch time when I want to go out for a walk. It might have been just cloudy all morning but about 11:30 it's raining

Old 05-04-2007, 09:00 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,050,998 times
I agree with escapetacoma.

Believe me, you'll see plenty of daytime rain.

You'll also see plenty of completely overcast days. Some of us tend to exaggerate how many cloudy and rainy days there are but when you have a string of them --which happens often in Seattle-- it tends to make it seem that it's more than it really is.

I consider myself a S.A.D. sufferer so in the winter, it just got to be too much. The shortened days of daylight combined with the gray overcast and mostly rainy days take their toll if you happen to suffer from S.A.D.

It sounds as if that's what you're looking for. How much more opposite could we be on this issue?

I hope you'll find it exactly what you're looking for there and it won't end up getting you down at some point ...doesn't sound like it though.

Thanks.

--'rocco

Old 05-04-2007, 10:55 AM

I have had a job here in Sacramento, where half of my work has been during a Night Shift. Because when I am out doing my work in the Sun, I am very annoyed and irritated by it. But I like the medium constrast actually. I am not one that likes the Nights so much either.

I like the morning dawn twilight before Sunrise and the evening twilight after Sunset, but twilights are only about 30 minutes out of the Day like this. Then the Night's are too dark and after Sunrise the Day's are too bright. So Cloudiness out of the Day time is like suspending Morning and Evening Twilights, so there is more time with a Medium Contrast of Ambient Lite up Sky, than the Sun's Bright Light Beaming at us. I usually like flourescent lights and frosty Light Bulbs with a Lamp Shade, because the beaming of the Light is too much, but I still like how it lights up moderately and more ambiently even out lighting. Which I find is dimmer than the percing Sunlight I get through the Windows. For which I have and had covered up to have my place look darker from the Sunshine outside.

I like a bit of the mix of a calming envirnoment, mystical to me, while a sense of inner stimulation is generated in me by such total cloudiness. This to me is very awesome, while the clouds are fractualling mystic dark colors about in the cloudiness in the sky and making me feel like being in a wonderland. Cloudiness gives me euphoria, and a tipical day doesn't. A tipical day of the Sun is like a working day with all the stresses making me feel too warm and hot for comfort. I have what I would call S. A. D. in reverse. The bright Sun just makes everything around me seem all ugly, stark and very irksome to me. I don't care to be in the go go go that others like from such. I just like a mystical environment where I can sense wonder about me in the refreshingness of cloudiness. And not having to go go go with all these things in life.

And my kind of New Age Ambient Music can reflect this also, with ...

Harold Budd, Steve Roach and Jonn Serrie's Music ... (and some others)

Old 05-04-2007, 06:46 PM

I started this Thread, because it was yesterday night (Being here in Sacramento, California) that I noticed it started it's Precipitation at 9:00 PM just after it got dark and was raining solid through the night as I tried to sleep. As I got to wake up very early in the morning still hearing it raining, I had the sense of what it usually does. That it will quit after Sunrise.

Pretty close, it slowed down just after Sunrise drizzling. And I was a bit glad that it stayed heavally cloudy till Noon time, but it started it's breaking up around after 11:00 AM and then it Stopped with the Precipitation by that time also. Then it was 50% Cloudy by 12:00 PM and by 3:00 pm it decreased by another 25% to 25% and just after 3:00 PM the Sun has been having it's show for the rest of this Afternoon and I am not in a good mood from this at all. It is totally clear overhead where I am, with any cloudiness being by the Mountains and horizon. Nothing over my head or where the Sun is shinning now. I hate it most when the Sun shines in the Afternoons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: