Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 01:05 AM

11 posts, read 30,307 times

Advertisements

i live in Los angeles currently. and im looking for places to live... i HATE the weather here... at least in the summer. i HATE the heat. I hide from the sun most of the time... i LOVE windy weather where it rains a couple dozen times a year... and it snows... i LOVE the cold.... and i love nature scenes... Im plannin on going to a university out of state also. so i need to kno if there are any good universities over there.... (my goal is my masters in nursing).... can u guys help a girl out and tell me if washington is the place to be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 09:28 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianamo90 View Post
i live in Los angeles currently. and im looking for places to live... i HATE the weather here... at least in the summer. i HATE the heat. I hide from the sun most of the time... i LOVE windy weather where it rains a couple dozen times a year... and it snows... i LOVE the cold.... and i love nature scenes... Im plannin on going to a university out of state also. so i need to kno if there are any good universities over there.... (my goal is my masters in nursing).... can u guys help a girl out and tell me if washington is the place to be?
oh, geez, hate to say it but: welcome to your "wet" dream ...
much of the year here is (as I have said before) much like putting your clothes on before the dryer was finished with them and then standing in front of your open refrigerator door with a fan inside blowing at you.

You will absolutely love it!

And, much as I hate to encourage any new folks to move here, -- you are the type we need ... you know, wet-blanket types

Old 10-09-2009, 11:14 AM

576 posts, read 2,260,733 times
Cold, wet and windy year round?

Hmmm, reminds me of any time I have ever spent in Ketchikan, Alaska... If nothing in WA is cold and wet enough to suit you, this might be an option and you could attend the UAS (University of Alaska Southeast, Ketchikan campus).

Old 10-09-2009, 12:33 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,665,161 times
Year 'round? Closest thing in WA would probably be Forks or Aberdeen/Hoquiam.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:09 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,182,780 times
You want windy and snow with wet? I would see what kinda program is in Gonzaga college (sp) in Ellensburg. More snow than rain but hot in summer. If you want to forgo the heat then try out anything in Puget Sound or Coastal areas just no snow (normally) but you can drive to it. Coast more wind.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:48 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,922,529 times
Gonzaga college (sp) in Ellensburg

Gonzaga is in Spokane- CWU is in Ellensburg

Old 10-09-2009, 10:36 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,665,161 times
If the key is year round, then the coast is the place to be. However, be warned, Aberdeen/Hoquiam may be the area that best meets your criteria, but this is also where the late Kurt Cobain of Nirvana grew up. The end result there may or may not be due to climate, but I'm just sayin'...

Old 10-19-2009, 01:16 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Year 'round? Closest thing in WA would probably be Forks or Aberdeen/Hoquiam.
Yep.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:53 PM

457 posts, read 1,345,197 times
The University of Washington in Seattle has an excellent nursing school.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:02 PM

6 posts, read 27,049 times
Just have to ask I'm alsow a girl who loves the rain, the wind blowing in my hair, and ofc the nature aspeccially rain-forests I love small towns and I am a loner so not a town with so mush social life I would like, and I wonder if any one has som ideas for me?
I'm currently thinking around the forks area; Clallam county
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington